Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Talk about April Fool's!!

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 5:34 PM
  • 1 Replies

April Fool's Day Surprise: Baby Girl Is A Boy

MANCHESTER, N.H. (WBZ) ― A New Hampshire couple planning for the delivery of a baby girl ended up with a huge surprise at the hospital on April Fool's Day. They had a boy instead.

Sean and Kelly Bresnahan of Deerfield went to Elliot Hospital Tuesday for the emergency Caesarian section delivery of what they thought was going to be their daughter Kelsea.

Kelly Bresnahan had an ultrasound when she was five months pregnant and she was told it was a girl. So, they started planning for one.

They decorated Kelsea's bedroom with plenty of pink and princesses. The baby shower gifts were for a girl.

Then Kevin Bresnahan was delivered on April 1.

"All I know is, when they were pulling the baby out, the doctor said 'Now what did they say you were having?'" Kelly Bresnahan told the Union Leader. "My husband's mouth dropped, and they're like 'It's a boy.'"

When she told her friends the surprising news, they thought it was an April Fool's Day prank.

She won't have a tough time exchanging many of Kevin's gifts. Kelly told the paper she had an odd feeling, so she kept the receipts from the baby shower gifts, the bedding and the clothes.

"You looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm.  You had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born."

by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
GOBryan
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Funny.  When I was born, I was supposed to be a boy and when my brother was born, they expected a girl.. of course, ultrasound wasn't an option back then.  The funny thing is that even after my brother was born, there was some confusion and my parents still thought he was a girl until my uncle asked to see the baby through the window.  My brother was a preemie, so they took him away immediately, so my parents weren't able to spend time with him immediately after birth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)