Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm bothered by this, I don't think it's sending the right message! PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM
  • 37 Replies
I sat down to eat at a late lunch, cup of noodles, lol so I was trying to find something to occupy my 16 month old while I ate. I don't usually eat lunch and don't watch TV really except the early morning with the kids shows. And half the time I don't turn those on. Anyways, I was looking to see what was on Nick. Well, a commercial came on advertising the kid choice awards 2008. It was a boy singing about how he didn't want to go to school, and he didn't want to ever see the teacher's face again! Well, i don't have school age children yet, but I wouldn't want my son to see that. I think they need something encouraging, not saying stuff like that. JMO though! What do you ladies think?

by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fleurdeve
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:23 PM
 And that was a kids station? puff, no way!! I would not want my kids to see this either!!!!!!!!! Totally agree with you!!
SStankiewicz721
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:26 PM
i wont let my kids watch tv.  it rots their brain and there have been studies that connect violence in children with the television and video games.
Sylvain's Mommy
Pablah
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM
I rarely turn on a tv here in my home. My kids are 9 and 15. I'd rather buy the movies/cartoons that I feel are appropriate. But when my girls stay with their grandma, she lets them watch Nick on her dish network. I too am offended by a lot of stuff on the Nick channel. It's outrageous what they have on there for kids of all ages. I am not extremely strict, but my kids know when I do not approve of something they may want to watch at home. My kids enjoy art and reading more than tv actually. Thanks for your post on this subject.
SStankiewicz721
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:31 PM
nick is weird. have you ever seen that show yo gabba gabba. STRANGE. almost drug induced
Sylvain's Mommy
jamie8506
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:33 PM
I'm going to be the odd one out on this subject I guess.... yeah it's disturbing that they bash school and teachers, but they will hear A LOT worse from other kids.  BTW..... yo gabba gabba ROCKS!!!!
Quoting SStankiewicz721:

nick is weird. have you ever seen that show yo gabba gabba. STRANGE. almost drug induced
supershlea
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM
That is what kids say. I don't have a problem with it.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Most kids don't want to go to school (I was one of them- I hated school). That is a song written and sung by kids! I have heard it, it's not bad. Does anyone remember the song that goes, "Hey teachers, leave us kids alone"?. By the time your kids are done with school, they will have heard a lot worse than a song about not wanting to ever go back to school. Not much of a big deal to me. My son loves the song but still has to go to school...he can sing it all he wants, won't change my mind.

baseballmom418
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:38 PM
I watched the kids choice awards with my boys the other day. 

The name of the band is the NAKED BROTHERS BAND.  I've always thought the name of the band is a little strange for a "kids" band.  they have a show on Nick as well.  My boys have watched it but they don't much care for it.

Anyway, the song, I was too a little appauled by it.  But it is my understanding that they write their own songs...I'm not saying the song is right, but it does make sense if they wrote it themselves. 

I guess I just never really gave it much thought since my boys don't really care for them. 

I bet if Hannah Montana sang a song like it would be a big deal and people all over the world would be going crazy!!
redhotmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM
I've never seen that show, what's it about?
Quoting SStankiewicz721:

ElJaMom
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Once you go past Nick Jr time on the TV, the channel stinks!  They did so well with Dora, Diego, Blue's Clues, etc...after that, there isn't a thing that I feel is appropriate for kids or tweens!  I have actually blocked The Naked Brothers Band, Hannah Montana, Zach and Cody, and all those similar shows!  They appal me really!  My kids are now 5 and 9.

Life after divorce (Group Owner),  1999 Kids (Group Owner), Food Allergies (Group Owner),Healthy Meals and Snacks for Kids!  (Group Owner)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)