Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What is...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
What is the best way to get acriylic nails off? I bought this nail polish remover stuff to soak and rub them in, but my nails stil come out all nasty and is what I'm trying to avoid. I already cut them down, and I really want them off!
PLEASE HELP!
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Steph0079
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM
They just get nasty...sorry....even if you have the nail place remove them, your nails haven't had any air for a while, they will probably be soft and crack.  Don't worry...they will grow back strong.   P.S.  I love your dog!

If you are like me and need to earn extra cash, check out this website.   You sign up, don't pay a thing, do a couple of surveys or refer your friends and you get a check.  I made $330.40 in March! Check out the website and if you need any help message me and I will explain how to do the offers for free so you can get money without spending money! You aren't going to get rich, but every penny helps!  http://www.cashcrate.com/383789

Stephanie :)

HLJones13
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:57 PM
GR! Then I may as well just rip them off like I normally do instead of paying $7 for this crap I have!
GOBryan
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Unless you have the real stuff they use at the nail salon, the nail polish remover won't help that much. The salon uses an extra strong remover.

Anyhow, I just slowly lift them and until they peel off but they do peel nasty and then you gotta file them down to smooth them over.
jamie8506
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 8:18 PM
I think no matter what you do they're gonna be kinda nasty at first.  For the fact they've been oxygen deprived and filed WAY down before the stuff is put on.  Take them off however you want... but put some clear nail strengthener on top to help them out.

Group Owner of ~Crazy Bitches~
A group to hang and chill with other moms.  Regardless of your lifestyle, religion, or beliefs.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/41823  

P0ET1CMAM1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM
There's no way of avoiding weakening your nails, but if you want them to grow back super fast and really strong, put some minced garlic in some clear nail polish and use that on a regular basis.  It doesn't stink after it dries.  I learned that trick many years ago, and it works for me.
hodag33
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 8:25 PM
I had to soak mine in nail polish remover with acetone in it. It kind of melts it, kind of gross but works wonders
mkmom15
by on Apr. 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM
you can buy straight acetone at the grocery store, it takes longer but it is more comfortable than getting them removed at a salon. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)