Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

? for u all

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM
  • 13 Replies
do u thinks it's wrong to have a baby shower for your second child. i mean if it was the opposite sex i was considering having another. cause i have nothing for a boy. but if it was a girl i wasnt going to have one because i still have everything from when my daughter was littler. i dunno i would like all of your alls opinions.
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enorman99
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM
I dont think its wrong but then my second child was a girl. You could have a little get together just because though and if they want to bring anything then thats cool. have fun
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/enorman99
emily351982
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:20 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it especially if it's a different sex.  To me it's about celebrating a new life and it adds to the excitement.  Some people might disagree with me though and think that it's tacky or whatever.  Hey, if they don't like it, they don't have to come, lol. 

Make $$ doing surveys, completing offers, etc. http://cashcrate.com/345060

yankee64
It's always nice to have a baby shower,but I would have to agree,if its a boy it would be ok.But if your having another girl I wouldn't.
Let me know what ya decide.
KinkyRinke
Me personally...I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  At my church when the 2nd child comes the ladies do a basket party...which is a really kool idea.  The ladies all do up pretty baskets of stuff weither it be clothes or the essentials you need.

~Abbigail Rinke 

"How simple it is to see that all the worry in the world cannot control the future. How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now. And that there will never be a time when it is not now."  ~ Gerald Jampolsky

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:20 AM
I had a baby shower for my second one, there is an 8 year gap in my kids but I still had one. The first one was very large and I got EVERYTHING, this one was very intimate no many people, just a "family get together" with onesies. I say go for it, your second is just as special.
mommy2-3kiddos
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:23 AM
I don't think it's wrong!  You're celebrating THIS child!  I didn't have a big shower for my 2nd because I didn't want one (long story, but it wasn't that I wasn't excited for her)  We ended up doing a luncheon with just a few family members & close friends & it was sooo nice!  My third we kinda did the same sort of thing....

Anyway I think it's fine!  People want to see you & this baby needs his/her own special things too! Good luck!
Liam412
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:24 AM
I dont think there is anything wrong w/it.  People have wedding showers for their second and third weddings--and more weddings (well maybe that's just people I know) but if you're having a baby, you have a baby shower...I will be having one when I have my other children.

goldie_lock
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM
i would have another shower no matter what. i just think of when they are older and the younger one seeing all the baby shower pictures from their older sibling and wondering where the pictures from theirs are. at least have a welcome baby party and if people want to bring gifts they can.
Adkins4
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM
We have 3 girls....I am pregnant with our 4th child which is finally a boy! If we were expecting another girl I have everything! Since we are having a boy and have nothing for a boy my grandma insist on a baby shower for us. I told her it wasn't needed that we could manage, but she scolded me! Don't every argue with an old woman it's a losing battle!!! The only thing we truely need are clothes and diapers, everything big we already have so it's a lot more simple this time around!
jenjen81605
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM
I think it's fine to have a second baby shower - even if it is the same sex. My DS is 2 1/2 and I had NOTHING left from when I had him because I'd given it all to my friends kids (who, of course, still use everything). I had my 2nd baby shower this past Saturday for my 2nd boy.

I say, to each their own. You don't even have to have a typical, corny shower. You can throw a BBQ and invite male & female guests. Ask them each to bring a dish & maybe something VERY simple, like a bottle. That way you don't have people spending $200 on a crib you don't really need, y'know?

For my shower I called it "the before-baby party" because most of my friends are guys- we had mini kegs (not for me, of course) and tons of pizza. My cake was a giant lacross stick. We just hung out and talked about how awsome my kids are- a few people brought presents, but they did it because they wanted to, not because I asked. Heck ,I didn't even have a registry. lol.

Point is- do what you want. Nobody's going to think any less of you if you want a 2nd shower. GOOD LUCK and have FUN!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN