Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
do u thinks it's wrong to have a baby shower for your second child. i mean if it was the opposite sex i was considering having another. cause i have nothing for a boy. but if it was a girl i wasnt going to have one because i still have everything from when my daughter was littler. i dunno i would like all of your alls opinions.
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Replies (11-13):
crazedmomof5
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM
I think it would be fine. It would be nice to have one every time IMO, because even if they're same sex babies, they could be July & Feb. babies like mine.

I only had one shower, for my oldest DD. I did receive several gifts from family & close friends after the birth of all 3 of my bio kids, but the showers aren't just about gifts. I missed the whole chitter chatter among everyone & the oo's & aw's, too.

I am one of those who would go to all of them, even if you have several lil ones.
ShellyDarlene
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:47 AM
my mom planned a shower for my first, my grandmother for my second and my cousin for my third. My cousin was a bit upset when Matthew came early - on the day she had planned his. To us it's about getting together and celabrating the fact that there is a new life coming to our family. Even if there is no shower we always get gifts for our close friends close to their due date because its about giving the baby a special gift even if its only diappers and clothes but maybe thats just us???????

When my dh's cousin brought her angel into the world early I bought / gave her a cute little stuffed bunny. She brought it to the hospital every day when she saw Victoria. Four years later She brought it with her to see my ds is the NICU. She told me it was the bunny that gave her the strengh to go back there after losing her dd there. The bunny was the only gift she was given. Since the baby was so early and didn't make it everyone returned their gifts. To this day that bunny sits next to the baby's urn on her dresser. For her its a reminder of her love for the baby and our love for both of them.
juliehinkle
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Nope I don't think it's wrong. I would have a baby shower fro every baby I had. Its the only time that you as the "baby-holder" get a little attention before the bundle of joy arrives. Do one, Make your gift list about this you need for the new baby and then a few things that you personally would need, like Maxi Pads,or a gift card. I remember after My babies were born Yes I had everything I needed for them, but when they were asleep and I couldn't be I would want to paint my nails or dye my hair, but I had none of those things. After being prego for 9 months you need to do something nice for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN