Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confessions of a "horrible" mom lol...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM
  • 35 Replies
Ok all, just reading some of the posts (not just on this board) & thinking what a horrible mom I must be...so I thought I'd confess :-)

I don't respond to my kids every whine, cry or whim.

I teach my children about God, but we do not attend church regularly.

I do often allow my kids to have things like koolaid, spaghetti o's, soda & even (gasp!) candy.

I don't feel the least bit guilty leaving them to go to work, school, or even out for a night with my hubby.

My kids don't have playdates everyday, yes I force them to find ways to entertain themselves.

I restrict the kids to one activity per season. I refuse to drive myself & them crazy by over scheduling activities.

I have been known to tell them they don't have to complete a homework assignment that I believe to be a ridiculous waste of time.

I don't condone fighting, but if someone hit my child & they hit back in self defense they would not be punished.

I let my kids watch tv, play video games & play on the computer. I don't stand over their shoulder while they do, but do random checks on what they're watching.  They know the rules.

I don't make them eat all their veggies, in fact some days they have no veggies.

I ignore tantrums. I'm sorry if you're unlucky enough to be around during one. In the case of a tantrum in a restaurant however my kids are removed from the building until they are finished.

I don't believe in spoling my kids, but I don't feel that they should be subjected to harassment or teasing just to "teach them" something. Kids are cruel. If I can find a way to afford the popular shoes, I'll buy them.

Come on all, I know we all have something!  Anyone else a horrible mom? lol
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steph0079
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:58 AM
I am!!   I love giving my DD sweets....and I eat them with her (don't get me wrong, she eats healthy food...too)

If you are like me and need to earn extra cash, check out this website.   You sign up, don't pay a thing, do a couple of surveys or refer your friends and you get a check.  I made $330.40 in March! Check out the website and if you need any help message me and I will explain how to do the offers for free so you can get money without spending money! You aren't going to get rich, but every penny helps!  http://www.cashcrate.com/383789

Stephanie :)

kristenandboys
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:00 AM

AMEN! lol

mommy2-3kiddos
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Quoting Steph0079:

I am!!   I love giving my DD sweets....and I eat them with her (don't get me wrong, she eats healthy food...too!

Chocoholic here lol....candy?
mikeysmom989
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:03 AM

I must be a bad Mom too! LOL! Corn dogs are a must in my house! LMAO! I love it!

Come join us at ASK A MAN group!

mikeysmom989
"Ask a Man" Group Administrator

If you like what Mike says at "Ask a Man," then click here to read his articles at AssociatedContent.com!!

victoria22375
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM
i am the same way i say if you want your kids to be independent later on in life then why not start young i mean i don't stand over them 24/7 but if they need help they always come and ask and i amalways there to help
mommyhuffman
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Me too- but I think I am a worse mom than you because-

Both my kids were formula feed, sleep in their own beds, my son was circumcised, never carried around in a sling they are expected to say yes ma'am and yes sir, always say please and thank you and ask to be excused from the table and spankings have occured in our home. 

I also love my kids more than life it's self- I waited a long time to have them (I was 35 with the first) and feel that my kids are good kids with manners and two loving parents that put them before everything else in life.

If this means I'm a bad mom then sign me up and get me a t-shirt I'll wear it proudly.
Tannersmama2
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM
My oldest son is 8 and I STILL baby him. I sometimes carry him to bed even though he's bigger than me.

My middle son (6)  deffinatly has middle child syndrom he's much more laid back and independent than my others so I rely on himself to do alot by himself (within reason)

My daughter is VERY spoiled she gives me a look and I give in. She gets just about whatever she wants. She's very clingy and I like her that way.

There. lol.

mommy2-3kiddos
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:17 AM
Ooooh, no, I just forgot some of those!  Actually, all of those except saying sir & ma'am but we're in PA & that's not a big thing here.....I love it though! 

I'll look into the t-shirts hehehe....
Quoting mommyhuffman:

Me too- but I think I am a worse mom than you because-

Both my kids were formula feed, sleep in their own beds, my son was circumcised, never carried around in a sling they are expected to say yes ma'am and yes sir, always say please and thank you and ask to be excused from the table and spankings have occured in our home. 

I also love my kids more than life it's self- I waited a long time to have them (I was 35 with the first) and feel that my kids are good kids with manners and two loving parents that put them before everything else in life.

If this means I'm a bad mom then sign me up and get me a t-shirt I'll wear it proudly.
mommy2-3kiddos
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:22 AM
See now, don't you feel better? hehehe
Quoting Tannersmama2:

My oldest son is 8 and I STILL baby him. I sometimes carry him to bed even though he's bigger than me.

My middle son (6)  deffinatly has middle child syndrom he's much more laid back and independent than my others so I rely on himself to do alot by himself (within reason)

My daughter is VERY spoiled she gives me a look and I give in. She gets just about whatever she wants. She's very clingy and I like her that way.

There. lol.
Tannersmama2
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Lol I sat here thinking about the time when we prolbaly all said " I would NEVER do this or that"

Oh and ALL 3 of my kids eat candy : X
Quoting mommy2-3kiddos:

See now, don't you feel better? hehehe
Quoting Tannersmama2:

There. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)