Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Confessions of a "horrible" mom lol...

Ok all, just reading some of the posts (not just on this board) & thinking what a horrible mom I must be...so I thought I'd confess :-)

I don't respond to my kids every whine, cry or whim.

I teach my children about God, but we do not attend church regularly.

I do often allow my kids to have things like koolaid, spaghetti o's, soda & even (gasp!) candy.

I don't feel the least bit guilty leaving them to go to work, school, or even out for a night with my hubby.

My kids don't have playdates everyday, yes I force them to find ways to entertain themselves.

I restrict the kids to one activity per season. I refuse to drive myself & them crazy by over scheduling activities.

I have been known to tell them they don't have to complete a homework assignment that I believe to be a ridiculous waste of time.

I don't condone fighting, but if someone hit my child & they hit back in self defense they would not be punished.

I let my kids watch tv, play video games & play on the computer. I don't stand over their shoulder while they do, but do random checks on what they're watching.  They know the rules.

I don't make them eat all their veggies, in fact some days they have no veggies.

I ignore tantrums. I'm sorry if you're unlucky enough to be around during one. In the case of a tantrum in a restaurant however my kids are removed from the building until they are finished.

I don't believe in spoling my kids, but I don't feel that they should be subjected to harassment or teasing just to "teach them" something. Kids are cruel. If I can find a way to afford the popular shoes, I'll buy them.

Come on all, I know we all have something!  Anyone else a horrible mom? lol
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Replies (31-35):
Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 4:18 PM
Add to this, I formula feed my youngest, I co-sleep with my oldest, I let my oldest run around barefoot outside (weather permitting), I don't MAKE them take naps or go to bed at any certain time.  I think that's about it for now...if I think of more later, I'll come back!
Quoting mommy2-3kiddos:

Ok all, just reading some of the posts (not just on this board) & thinking what a horrible mom I must be...so I thought I'd confess :-)

I don't respond to my kids every whine, cry or whim.

I teach my children about God, but we do not attend church regularly.

I do often allow my kids to have things like koolaid, spaghetti o's, soda & even (gasp!) candy.

I don't feel the least bit guilty leaving them to go to work, school, or even out for a night with my hubby.

My kids don't have playdates everyday, yes I force them to find ways to entertain themselves.

I restrict the kids to one activity per season. I refuse to drive myself & them crazy by over scheduling activities.

I have been known to tell them they don't have to complete a homework assignment that I believe to be a ridiculous waste of time.

I don't condone fighting, but if someone hit my child & they hit back in self defense they would not be punished.

I let my kids watch tv, play video games & play on the computer. I don't stand over their shoulder while they do, but do random checks on what they're watching.  They know the rules.

I don't make them eat all their veggies, in fact some days they have no veggies.

I ignore tantrums. I'm sorry if you're unlucky enough to be around during one. In the case of a tantrum in a restaurant however my kids are removed from the building until they are finished.

I don't believe in spoling my kids, but I don't feel that they should be subjected to harassment or teasing just to "teach them" something. Kids are cruel. If I can find a way to afford the popular shoes, I'll buy them.

Come on all, I know we all have something!  Anyone else a horrible mom? lol
MamaSyn
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 4:27 PM
I let my 5 year old play Halo on the Xbox.  He understands that it's not real and it's all pictures drawn on a computer, but apparently I'm horrible because of it!  Oh, and I let my kids drink pop (non-caffeinated, but still...) and sometimes I let my son fall asleep to the TV in my bedroom on weekends.
kreimhilde
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Ok, I have a confession:  I did breast feed my kids and they slept in the bed with me.  But that was because they could eat while I continued to sleep.  I didn't want to have to get out of bed and heat up a bottle in the middle of the night.   I like my sleep!
MommyOf2kids67
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I was just called a "bad" mom 3 days ago....because

god forbid me to have a night alone with my hubby AND let my parents and my friends take them for awhile so I could have some peace to myself

because i dont read books everyday to them, buti do it alot just not EVERY day

i dont answer to any whining he has to learn to start using his words

oh and because time out in a playpen is just sooooo unbelievebly HORRIBLE!! (i personally would rather have my son in his play pen for a time out than in a corner cause he can excape th corner but not the play pen-YET!!)

and these are just because....

I didnt breastfeed either of my kids I just didnt feel like it with Lucas...i was going to with Alana but she ended up being allergic to my milk....but i was relived when i found out i couldnt...( but now she isnt allergic to milk so she can have the regular formula if she wanted too but i felt like keeping her on the soy stuff)

I co-slept with both of my kids and still doing that with my DD

MommyofMia
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Oh yes,
And I formula fed my daughter..THE WHOLE TIME :)

" I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side". -Bob Marley

" If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change". -Buddha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)