Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i have an abortion question.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM
  • 13 Replies
i was wondering.. and it may be stupid for me not to know, but ill find out now.. lol. if you are a minor, can your legal guardian FORCE you to have an abortion? 

please dont turn this into a debate!

by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenKie
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM
NOPE!!! 

*Edited*  I take that back.  Some courts will allow the guardian to make the choice for the minor if the minor has some kind of mental handicap.
amcmommy
NO I AM PRETTY SURE THEY CANT
MommyofMia
NO :)

" I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side". -Bob Marley

" If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change". -Buddha

OurLamarFamily
Nope.

Brandi

babygurl6162008
by Member on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:49 PM
i dont think so but it might depend on the age and state

hannahsmom712
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:51 PM
NO ONE CAN FORCE U. IF ANYTHING THEY CAN FORCE YOU  TO DO ADOPTION BEFORE THAT. GOOD LUCK IF  U NEED TO TALK MSSG ME
SunshineSmiles
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM
its not about me guys! lol, it was honestly a genuine question. lol. thank you though, me and hubby were going on about it yesterday (he's pro-choice) and he kept saying "if i ever had a daughter and she got preggo at 10 i would make her get one" and my argument was "your her dad, this is true, but that is her body and you cant force her" good to see i was right.

sunshine03
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM
When it comes to a females reproduction rights, no they can't.
o0Jinkies0o
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Unless you are mentally deficient in some way, minor or not, when it comes to the issue of abortion in most states, your body is still your body and not your parents.  Law says you do not need their permission to get one, then as a result, they can not force you to have one. 

o0Jinkies0o
elvir2babes
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM
I am not going to pretend to know, because I don't know.

Come join my new group for single moms! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)