Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i have an abortion question.

i was wondering.. and it may be stupid for me not to know, but ill find out now.. lol. if you are a minor, can your legal guardian FORCE you to have an abortion? 

please dont turn this into a debate!

by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-13):
kaker104
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:21 PM
No. They can't that was a problem my mom had with me when I was 16 and accidently got pregnant. So she talked to me instead. She made me realize that I would eventually hate my child sometimes because I had so much potential. She also used my lack of knowledge of the military and told me that she could get my boyfriend (before we got married) in trouble. I had an induced miscarriage a week later. It was really hard for me. Now I have my son and what happened to me makes him all the more special to me. Before I had him, I would think that my child would be this age and be doing this. But now I don't. I'm too busy thinking about my baby boy. Hope that answered your question.
prettypaws
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM
 I think it depends on the sate. In Wyoming when I minor becomes pregnant she officially becomes an emancipated minor...
misssy2000
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 1:24 PM
I hope not, I knwo grown women who have got them and regreated them so a minor shoudl never be forced into that decision!
misssy

Are you due in June 2008, if so join my group!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/35236

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN