Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Back ladies! Gotta share my National Lampoons Mexican Vacation!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
We had an adventure, so bare with me ladies, its gonna be a long story! LOL!
Abel and I decided to go to Cancun Mexico for eight days because his cousin was getting married in Humangillo Tabasco Mexico (pronounced we-mon-gee-yo). It was a last minute decision since his Aunt assured us that everything was taken care of, even the airfare, all we had to do was bring some spending money. We flew out of Juarez Mexico, with his other Aunt and Uncle, since we are close to the border and the airport is alot easier to travel through since they dont have to take all of the security measures that we do here. We arrived in Cancun, and waiting for us was the groom to be and another of my hubbies cousins, We all had to squeeze into a volkswagon, and strap out luggage on top. I was laughing and saying that we looked like circus clowns.
We arrived at our hotel. That was another story! The rooms were okay, but not what we were used to.. but we thought, oh well. Its only two nights then we head off to Tabasco for the wedding. We had a great view of the ocean, a balcony, what more could we want! Thats when we were told that we were to share a room with his Aunt and Uncle. Then I opened to sliding door to the ocean to feel the cool breeze and the front door slammed shut, resulting in a light fixture hitting my hubby over the head. Thank God he has a head of stone!
Twenty three of us were at the hotel, it was a mad house. 
We all did some snorkling and went on a jungle tour the next day, which was fun. The following day we all got ready to leave to Tabasco. I was then told it was going to be a 14 hour trip and that we had two vans to fit everyone in. All of our luggage had to be strapped to the top of the van in a luggage rack. We left that evening. It was hell. We were tired, couldnt sleep, since we were all sitting up, and every state that you enter you have to stop at a toll booth to pay a fee. We arrived that afternoon about 2:00 pm in Humanguillo Mexico. This small town in the middle of the Jungle, humid! The hotel had to be one of the funniest I have ever seen, It reminded me of those Japanese rice paper rooms. There was no seperate bathroom from your room. You had a sliding door that you entered to shower, use to toilet, and the sink. It was wierd. You could hear everyone in the hall talking. To tell you the truth though, I was so tired when we got there that I just didnt care as long as I could sleep. We were celebrities automatically there. The resteraunt that we ate at daily, was cheap and had to be the best Mexican food I ever had, since it was all farm raised foods.. fresh, organic. The wedding was beautiful, it was all under a cabana type area. The killer mosquitos were another story! We left the next day after the wedding to head back to Cancun. On the way back we hit a pelican. It cracked to windshield and broke it. We ramped a speed bump doing about 70 mph, almost loosing our luggage. The guys took two hours fixing it since it came loose and they had to use rocks as tools since we didnt have any. The drivers are the worse that I have ever seen! I was thankful when we arrived back in Cancun! We stayed in Cancun another two days. My hubby made sure that we had a nice suite this time though.. he was tired of roughing it. We took a trip to Xcaret the day before we headed back. It was fun, but crazy at the same time.. an adventure.
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandygm
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 3:01 PM
bump
mandygm
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM
????
jabs54
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Oh wow, glad you made it home safe and sound.  I especially loved the pelican hitting the window, that must have scared the driver!  My oldest dd just got married and is leaving Saturday for Mexico.  She loves it there.  I can't remember where they stay but its one of those resorts.  My youngest dd (16) loves the culture and wants to major in Spanish.  I'll show her the pictures when she gets home from school.  They are beautiful!  Thanks for sharing them.
luvorange
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:09 PM
What a funny story! Glad everything worked out and you got a good story to tell as well! My family went to Cancun last summer and loved it. The kids loved riding the ATV's through the jungle the most. Many many years ago my dh and I went to Xcaret and loved it too. The pictures are awesome too!This summer we are heading to Los Cabos.

mandygm
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 11:44 PM
Yea, the middle pic was taken at Xcaret.. I love it there!
mandygm
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:41 PM
?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)