Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 months old what table foods can she have??

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
My DD will be 8 months on the 6th and she is getting totally bored with baby food she's been on stage two for almost 2 months now and has been taking the teething bisquits and puffs but is getting to the point where she still wants something new.... I have given her a few table foods here and there but not much since she dosent have a tooth yet :(  what else can I give her with no teeth yet!

by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
baby1love
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 10:32 PM
cottage cheese
baby oatmeal
yogurt
jello
meatloaf
mac and cheese
gerber puffs
mashed potatoes
cut up veggies that are mushy

By 9 months my DD was eating these foods and more with only 2 teeth. Just make sure whatever table food you give her is soft and cut up small.

!carseat safetyPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

TiccledBlue
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM

I think I answered this in another group?  Maybe another person...cross posting....

Teeth don't matter.  She won't chew with any teeth until she gets her molars anyway! 

She can eat anything you eat.  At 9 months my boys were even eating meat off our plates.  Just cut it up small or shred it.

daizymom03
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 12:06 PM
It depends on the kid, but I'd start out with slightly overcooked pastas first... macaroni, rice, etc, and keep letting them try new things from your plate that can be mashed with their tongue. Some kids can chew really well... my daughter easily choked! So I had to be careful because she didn't chew things up well. Gerber makes these great meat sticks too and my daughter loved them!
mommymelissa24
by Melissa on Apr. 4, 2008 at 2:36 PM
I was wondering the same thing! My twins will be 9 months on the 21st and i have been wanting to give them some of my food.... thx for the info!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)