Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need some advice or a magic wand, which ever you have on hand!!!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 11:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am a 22 yr old stay at home momwith 1 little boy who will be 2 in june. I have always done almost everything for him, and he has always been a mommy's boy. We where in a car accident the day before thanksgiving this year and thank god I'm the only one who got hurt but on march 13 I had to have back surgery b/c of it. Now I can hardly do anything for him, I cant even keep him by myself we had to have one of my fiance's cousins move in with us for help. I'm thankful that he meved in with us but I slowly see my son turning toward others for everything, it seems he is growing distant from me and it's driving me crazy. It has torn my nerves up to the point that I have only held down about 3 meals this past week. Does any one have advice on how to fix this or cope or am I just crazy? I'm in need of a good friend to talk to!

Robbiesmommy616

by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
1stTime_Grandma
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident and that your having a hard time. The only thing I can say is this...........

Give it some time, you just had surgery, things will get better for you. It takes time to heal. If you can, have your son sit with you and watch his favorite show with him, read to him, just be there, talk to him, and let this cousin know your concerns, I'm sure he's only trying to help.

Good Luck to you !
asowbugangel
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM
I have a friend who had back surgery a few years ago & I agree.  Try to find things that he likes to do & you can do with him.  He doesn't understand what's going on, he just knows his mommy isn't doing as much for him as she used to and someone else is.  Things will get better, you just have to hang in there. 
Quoting 1stTime_Grandma:

Sorry to hear about your accident and that your having a hard time. The only thing I can say is this...........

Give it some time, you just had surgery, things will get better for you. It takes time to heal. If you can, have your son sit with you and watch his favorite show with him, read to him, just be there, talk to him, and let this cousin know your concerns, I'm sure he's only trying to help.

Good Luck to you !
robbiesmommy616
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Thanks alot for the advice! It will get better eventually and until then I will just have to do whatever I can to spend quality time with my baby boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)