Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those who had/have Merina b/c

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
I got it put in on Feb. 28 which was the last day of my period.  I should have started again around the 25th of March, but I havent.
I have been working out for almost 2 months now and I have gained 5lbs.  Its not just muscle.  Im all bloated, I feel like I should be starting my period, I look fatter in the abdomen area.  Im not very big, 130lbs, so the extra 5lbs really shows.  I look like I did when I was 4 months pregnant! 
Has anyone else had their period stop right away when they got the Merina put in or had extreme bloating or quick weight gain?
I dont have any other side effects, but this is worrying me.  No other birth control works for me so Im not sure what to do.

by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I have never had it, but what better to do than take a pregnancy test! Good Luck!
MommyOf2kids67
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:18 PM

I got mine in Dec and I got my period a little late...its NEVER on time i have notice and it sucks lol...cause i think its coming and it ends up coming an entire week later and I am like man alive!! And sometimes I have heard woman dont even get their periods after getting the mirena....but if you are concereed i'd call ur dr.

CBMommy2
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:31 PM
I've had the Merana for a little over 8 months now.  Stopped getting my period about 2 months after getting it.  I haven't gained any weight, but I def. haven't lost any weight no matter what I seem to do.  If you are concerned go to your doctor.
littlebit1980
by Member on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:39 PM
I have done the merena twice. Right after I had my daughter and now. I had a period for about 2 mnths, and retained a little water. The first time after a couple of mnths. I started losing weight. i dropped 20 lbs. In about a 5 mnth. span. Hang in there.

A SAHM is a working mom,

Leah Gillis

luvinmees
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Yes. I had Mirena and gained weight, lost my sex drive and suffered PMS 24/7. Mirena is hell. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Hospicemom
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:21 PM
I have had the Mirena for 4 1/2 years. I have gained a significant amount of weight but I don't contribute it to the Mirena. I have always had trouble losing weight since I had my kids. I had alot of breakthrough bleeding after placement. About 6 months worth, but after that I haven't had a period since. I'm not sure if I still experience period like symptoms like bloating or moodiness. Personally I love and would never go back to anything else. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)