Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How many moms know "CPR"

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many of the mothers on CM know CPR, did you know that learning this life saving technique can increases survival from 30% to 80% if CPR is performed as quickly as possible...I realize that thinking of something horrible happening to your children is not something you want to do, but with young children trying different foods for the first they can have an allergic reaction and CPR can save your child's life. A few years ago I was at a public swimming pool with my kids when a 6 year old boy was missing, they found him quickly (within 3 min) but the life guards there were not properly trained and the child died before they reached the hospital...I felt so helpless so I decided there and then that I would not trust the life of my kids to teens working for the summer.CPR is a 16 hour course that may change the outcome of something like this happening( not always, but if it works one time its worth it) I am in the process of getting my instructors licenses to teach this and will be able to teach whoever is interested on line, there is no charge for this, Its something that I feel strongly about..I just wanted to see if there would be people interested.
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:41 PM
good idea it only take a basic knowledge and then the 911 operator can walk you through it
Quoting two_under_two08:

I'm not certified but I have a copy of the procedure for the hemlock and CPR on babies and small children. I've read it a lot but I keep it on hand for other people who might stay with children.

shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:42 PM
100% agree in my town you have to know it to graduate
Quoting bekfish84:

I know how. I let my certificate run out a few years ago. I know, shame on me. But I will be getting it back again soon b/c I am in school to become an elementary teacher. i think everyone should know cpr.

paisley716
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:43 PM
I took a course on it and was certified years ago. I guess I should be checking into doing it again.

**RITA**

http://www.cafemom.com/group/goldentriangle

mamaaa01
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:45 PM
hey, me too! actually, i was certified in 8th grade... but i do get my refresher every other year!
Quoting rocamom:

I learned in HS but I take a refresher course every other year at the local red cross YAY!!!

WARNING: I have the tendency to offend those that forgot their big girl panties. If you are offended by what I have said I was most likely talking about you. If you bash me for saying it I was definitely talking about you.

(thanx MommyTanisha & TinaMarieo)

jset
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:49 PM
I am certified in CPR and First Aid!! Thankfully I have never had to use it. I also take refresher courses!! My las was in January!!

Come be a part of Pound Losin Pretty Chicks, the Mommy versionof "The Biggest Looser", and join me in my weight loss victories!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/33381

GreenEyes74
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:51 PM
I was certified - am no longer but I do know how to do it!

Check out my sons funny auction on EBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=120242273851&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1120  He's counting views!

legalmom343
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:51 PM
I just got certified :)  We did a class at my work.  My boss's SIL's bf is an EMT and does the CPR training for the fire departments, police departments, etc in the county so he came and trained us.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/legalmom343

Live near Ellensburg? Join my Group.... www.cafemom.com/group/Ellensburgmoms

shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:57 PM
I am a EMT?ALS as well and I am working with our local fire/ems dept. to provide CPR training for free to all who would like to learn, also learning to teach it online
Quoting legalmom343:

I just got certified :) We did a class at my work. My boss's SIL's bf is an EMT and does the CPR training for the fire departments, police departments, etc in the county so he came and trained us.

ae831
by Member on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM
I am too. I had to take it when I was training to become a Dental Assistant in 2006....It is up this year I think.
mandasilver88
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM
I am certified in CPR and First Aid very good to kno
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN