Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How many moms know "CPR"

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many of the mothers on CM know CPR, did you know that learning this life saving technique can increases survival from 30% to 80% if CPR is performed as quickly as possible...I realize that thinking of something horrible happening to your children is not something you want to do, but with young children trying different foods for the first they can have an allergic reaction and CPR can save your child's life. A few years ago I was at a public swimming pool with my kids when a 6 year old boy was missing, they found him quickly (within 3 min) but the life guards there were not properly trained and the child died before they reached the hospital...I felt so helpless so I decided there and then that I would not trust the life of my kids to teens working for the summer.CPR is a 16 hour course that may change the outcome of something like this happening( not always, but if it works one time its worth it) I am in the process of getting my instructors licenses to teach this and will be able to teach whoever is interested on line, there is no charge for this, Its something that I feel strongly about..I just wanted to see if there would be people interested.
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
hodag33
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:51 PM
 I know CPR and I performed it once at work.
lilysmama22
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:52 PM
I am CPR certified for all ages (infant/child/adult) by the American red cross.
I did it so that if I ever needed to I could help save my daughter's (or another) life. I think every mother and caregiver should be certified!
emily351982
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:52 PM
I know it but I'm definitely a little rusty.  I went to school to be an EMT about 5 yrs ago...so it's been a while.  I'd really like to take a cpr to be refreshed on it b/c I'm afraid I've forgotten exactly how to do it.

Make $$ doing surveys, completing offers, etc. http://cashcrate.com/345060

NanaTammy
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:54 PM
I been certified in CPR for 10 years now.

NanaTammy     

GrandMother to AJ, Sammy, Steven, Starr, Jonas, Justin  & Keegan

ColieO
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:55 PM
I do. I've been certified by NASCO for 5 years now.
Momof2luvbugs
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 6:55 PM
I do!!! I am in the medical field, so it's a requirement.

shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:09 PM
there has been allot of changes the last few years
Quoting emily351982:

I know it but I'm definitely a little rusty. I went to school to be an EMT about 5 yrs ago...so it's been a while. I'd really like to take a cpr to be refreshed on it b/c I'm afraid I've forgotten exactly how to do it.

mistyray
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:18 PM
i have used it at work also. 3 times only one maid it.
Quoting hodag33:

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny.
Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.

have a numb tongue or bad pain after you seen the dentist check out my group:

Lingual nerve damage or injury @

http://www.cafemom.com/group/lingualnerve

shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:21 PM
I have used it on a 12 year old that drowned and he survived, I was never so happy, or so tired, in all of my life
Quoting mistyray:

i have used it at work also. 3 times only one maid it.
Quoting hodag33:

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM
My certification expired but I do know CPR and have for over 10 years. I need to get recertified. And, I can use an AED.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN