Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many moms know "CPR"

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many of the mothers on CM know CPR, did you know that learning this life saving technique can increases survival from 30% to 80% if CPR is performed as quickly as possible...I realize that thinking of something horrible happening to your children is not something you want to do, but with young children trying different foods for the first they can have an allergic reaction and CPR can save your child's life. A few years ago I was at a public swimming pool with my kids when a 6 year old boy was missing, they found him quickly (within 3 min) but the life guards there were not properly trained and the child died before they reached the hospital...I felt so helpless so I decided there and then that I would not trust the life of my kids to teens working for the summer.CPR is a 16 hour course that may change the outcome of something like this happening( not always, but if it works one time its worth it) I am in the process of getting my instructors licenses to teach this and will be able to teach whoever is interested on line, there is no charge for this, Its something that I feel strongly about..I just wanted to see if there would be people interested.
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Replies (31-38):
SEXXYNANA
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:29 PM
I KNOW CPR  I WORK IN A HOSPITAL AND WE MUST KNOW IT I GET RENEW EVERY YEAR
Jordyn1202
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:45 PM
I am certified in CPR.
anetrnlov
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM
I am a nurse so yes, I am certified.  I am also certified in First Aid and AED.

I have have been a part of three codes where the patient required full CPR.  None made it.

I love AED's.  Our facility is looking into getting some.  I find it amusing how medical facilites are not wanting to cough the money up for them. 

femijrsmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM
I KNOW IT HAD TO LEARN B4 MY SON COULD COME HOME FROM HOSPITAL
shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM
there are some great foundations out there that are willing to donate them,"the clark" foundation gave my area 50 of them last year for our schools and what not
Quoting anetrnlov:

I am a nurse so yes, I am certified. I am also certified in First Aid and AED.

I have have been a part of three codes where the patient required full CPR. None made it.

I love AED's. Our facility is looking into getting some. I find it amusing how medical facilites are not wanting to cough the money up for them.

bunkythree
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM

I do not.. But would like to one day..Yes, CPR can save a life BUT when a baby stops breathing sometimes CPR does not work...My daughter died of S.I.D.S. and their whole body shuts down so CPR wouldn't have worked NO MATTER WHAT...It happened at the sitters house and YES! THEY DID PERFORM CPR UNTIL THE PAREMEDICS ARRIVED BUT IT DID NO GOOD...Once I finally got the finallized reason of death from the coroner, they even told me that no matter what they would have tried it wouldn't have worked...

shari413
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM
I dont have the words to describe how sorry I am for your loss, yes it is true there are times when CPR will not work, as in your case, but there are times when it does...again I am so sorry for your loss.
Quoting bunkythree:

I do not.. But would like to one day..Yes, CPR can save a life BUT when a baby stops breathing sometimes CPR does not work...My daughter died of S.I.D.S. and their whole body shuts down so CPR wouldn't have worked NO MATTER WHAT...It happened at the sitters house and YES! THEY DID PERFORM CPR UNTIL THE PAREMEDICS ARRIVED BUT IT DID NO GOOD...Once I finally got the finallized reason of death from the coroner, they even told me that no matter what they would have tried it wouldn't have worked...

mrs_h_77
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 8:21 PM
I am certified.  I am also certified in First Aid for my line of work.

are you  then join my group Advice and more.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/adviceandmore   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)