Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

body image...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM
  • 3 Replies
i'm sure I'm not alone on this... ever since i had my beautiful baby girl... I am enjoying my life being all about her. When we hang out at home... my schedule revolves around her nap times, fussy time, the time when she is ready to learn (I refer to these times as her "sponge" time ;) ). When we go out to eat, since i'm breast feeding, i have limited selection of foods that won't react negatively to her digestive system (there goes Mexican food!) When we go shopping, I can't help but end up buying everything for her and nothing for me. Although I'm happy with all this as there's no better joy to me that taking care of my lil pumpkin... something hit me this afternoon. I walked into my closet and the whole closet was full of beautiful, figure flattering garments, of which only 4 shirts, 3 stretchy yoga pants, and 1 pair of jeans fit. Now, some say that fitting back into those pre-pregnancy jeans is a great feat to accomplish, four months from delivery. And i agree completely. But going from a size 00 to a size ?? and fitting into the jeans that I had for two years prior to being preggers, the same jeans that never fit me before because I was too small and they were too big... doesn't do much in the way of positive body image. My problem is - its so hard to know what you look good in now. Because before I shopped New York Boutiques, abercrombie, hollister, and victoria's secret catalogs. But now those form-fitting, body hugging clothes don't do much for my new pair of love handles, zebra stretch marks, and post pregnancy belly sag... not to mention the massive milk jugs we're left with that vary in size throughout the day... So what do I wear now that doesn't include baby doll tops that remind me of my prego-chic gear? There are so many sites that tell you how to look in style DURING pregnancy... how about after pregnancy? How do you get back to being in style and being ok with the "New you?." Cause let's face it. Your body's never gonna be the same. So no matter what size you end up post pregnancy... you need to start feeling good about urself... ur body and so you need to dress comfortable.... so far so right? if ne1 has tips... i'm all ears! (or sould i say all eyes..) :)
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
c_boerman
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:37 PM
You could not have read my mind any better!  I feel the EXACT same way as you!  I am very interested to reading what others can suggest!
threesharelove
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Just ;ike you said, after having a baby, your body won't be the same. You will just have to work at it and accept how you are now. Don't get depressed, just try to love your new body!
lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 4, 2008 at 10:41 PM
i am in the SAME situation as you.  i used to be one of those women who could wear anything, and it would look great.  but now i have love handles, a muffin top, a saggy belly, and stretch marks all over my body.  so what's a girl to do??  i felt my lowest when i tried on swimsuits.  but i have found that if i wear a really tight undershirt, then i can wear almost anything over it without my body looking so awful.  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)