Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How do you stack engagement, wedding, anniversary rings?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:29 PM
  • 28 Replies

I never had an engagement ring so for years I just wore my wedding band. I have since added an eternity band and also planning on a solitaire or a 3-stone ring and don't know which one goes on your finger first, and then? I'm sure everyone knows this but me!

by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM
Your Wedding band should go on your finger 1st so it's "Closest to your Heart" awwwwwwwwwwwwww!! )
limejuno
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM
Wedding band, Engagement ring...anniversary on the right hand
suthen_talk
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Amybelle:

Your Wedding band should go on your finger 1st so it's "Closest to your Heart" awwwwwwwwwwwwww!! )
That's how I've always heard it should be and have done it that way. It does make sense...
richgirljj
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:34 PM
I wear mine with my wedding band first, engagement ring on top of that.  I don't have an anniversary band.  I think it would depend on what it looked like, etc.  But, for my wedding and engagement;
Wedding ring closest to heart
Engagement ring on top of that.

Congrats on the new ring.
Josiahsmommy22
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:35 PM
maybe i am the odd one out but...I have my....wait nope...I am good...never mind..i just looked at my hand..haha...I need to sleep...

Lilypie Baby Ticker

occblink8.gif ww-proud.gif famblink38.gif

yourgie
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM
I have always heard wedding ring than engagement ring, because if somebody tries to grab a ring, they will only get the engagement ring??  Something like that!  Not too sure about the anniversary ring, thinking that would be on your right hand!
essimer
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Everyone is correct to wear the wedding band first.  You only where the wedding band 2nd if you are a widow.
richgirljj
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:42 PM
I"ve never heard that at all.  All the widows I know, unless they are old, don't wear rings at all, and the old ones that still do, wear their rings as they always have.
Quoting essimer:

Everyone is correct to wear the wedding band first. You only where the wedding band 2nd if you are a widow.

ky_phoenix
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:44 PM
My sister wears her engagement ring first, she says she got engaged first then married. Me I just wear my anniversy ring as my wedding band and then my 3 stone ring and my wedding band on my right hand.
{THEY ARE NOT STRETCH MARKS...THEY ARE BADGES OF HONOR!!! AND I AM A PROUD MOMMA.}
eFreak23
by on Jun. 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM
I never heard that one either, but I know I would never take off my rings, even if my husband is gone.

I wear my wedding, then my anniversary band (and I wear it that way because it is a band) then my engagement ring.. if I wear them all.  I switch them up, but I always wear a band of some sort... be it wedding or anniversary.

Quoting richgirljj:

I"ve never heard that at all. All the widows I know, unless they are old, don't wear rings at all, and the old ones that still do, wear their rings as they always have.
Quoting essimer:

Everyone is correct to wear the wedding band first. You only where the wedding band 2nd if you are a widow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN