Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!! I totally F**ked up my hair!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM
  • 13 Replies
I put in my highlight's last night I do my own all the time. First of all I didn't leve it in longenough and it's a bright yellow, and second of all I pulled too much hair threw the cap in the front. Now I look like a cheep hoe! LOL! How do I fix this mess? Can I use dye over it? Or will it make my hair fall out? Help!! I can't be seen like this I'll die!!
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:56 AM

What are you trying to do exactly? Regardless, i'd go to a professional if you really think its THAT bad.

c_boerman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:57 AM

I would say (if you can) go get it professionally re-corrected just this one time!

Sorry mama, I was in the same boat one time and I just went to a hair salon and they helped me out!

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't ..... when life knocks you down you have two choices-stay down or get up!"

Lanasmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:58 AM

I would go to a professional--using dye over it this soon could mess it up even more.

pregnancy

gabrielle888
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM

There is a group here that specializes in hair and make-up you can look them up.. I know money is tight this time of year! Good luck! I have done this before too- sometimes it doesn't work out right I understand!

MzSeXyC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM

wait a few days and just dye it all over. or like others have said just go see a professional.

i didnt like the way my highlights turned out one time (did it myself) i have dark brown hair...and wanted some highlights. i knew they were not going to turn out blond blond...more of a reddish blond. i didnt like it though. so i waited about 5 days and just dyed my hair all over with a dark brown. worked just fine for me!

good luck though lol. bad hairstyles or dye jobs really do suck.

Sadie85
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:19 AM

It's not a HUGE deal to re-dye it. I've done it a million times and my hair is fine. Just don't make a habit of it.

LingLing-MyStory      HomeschoolingJournals

Ready to ditch your excuses for being overweight??

tajmomma137
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Just dye over it. It's best to wait a week in between dye's but I have done it the next day... I still have a full head of hair.

Adkins4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:23 AM

I have naturally brown hair, in high school I was always going blonde....then I decided i wanted my brown back....yea, bad idea, my hair was baby poop green afterwards....horrible!

magonolia
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Well I called up a pro and she didn't laugh at me at all. She said she had a girl come in last week who dyed her hair black then tryed to lighten it up with highlights and it looked like a freek show. All they could do was dye it back to a black shade and let it grow out. Any way my hair looks great now. Glad I went and didn't do it myself. Thank you!
taleyu1432
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 PM

lol i have a bad habit of doing my streaks to.i usually get an orange-e look but i tone them down w/ a ash color. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)