Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random acts of kindness?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

Name two random acts of kindness you've done this month.

I hate that the whole "spread goodwill" only lasts through the holiday season for most people. I hope it can continue on through 2009.

This is one of mine...

We saw two homeless people walking through the grass off the exit when I was picking my daughter up from her Grammie's. I gave them my last $10 in cash. They were very thankful, and it made us all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

LingLing-MyStory      HomeschoolingJournals

Ready to ditch your excuses for being overweight??

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RNMOMO4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 AM

I bought gifts for a child I don't know (from the Angel tree at our mall).  All he asked for was a DVD and a pair of shoes.  Broke my heart.  I bought him 3 DVDs and some nice leather shoes.  Made me realize I need to do more....

I offered a ride to an old lady that I see on the streets sometimes.  She was hauling a huge bag of some sort...struggling to get it to wherever.   She turned me down...but at least I offered.

Momsince1106
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM

black friday, i helped an older woman push her cart to her car.... she hadnt packed it very well and didn't want the glass stuff that was half out to fall.

i donated a dollar to st. judes..... does that count?

and my son and i donated our pocket change (i think about 30 cents) to the salvation army... i gave him the quarter to put in the bucket, but the whole time i was afraid he'd try to eat it

MommySteph06
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM

I can't afford to do much but I went through the grocery yesterday leaving all my coupons that I'll never use next to their coordinating products. I also have been extra nice while driving...letting people over, letting them turn, etc. I've also been going through all of our clothes and giving them away on Craigslist to (hopefully) help out needy families in our area. I know it's not much, but it's something! :)

tajmomma137
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I have stayed late every night after class (for months) to help explain everything to a women in my class. She is in her 50's and this is her first time going to college. She didn't even know how to use a computer when we started, I literally had to show her how the use the shift keys.

She got a B!!!!! in our last Anatomy class. I was so happy for her... can't wait to see what she gets on Thursday's final. Although I am sure Weds I will be there all night helping her study.

The reason I started to help her was because she failed a class and has to re-take it. She said if she failed another she was going to quit. It takes alot of courage to go back to school, especially in your 50's. This women has been a housekeeper all her life. I don't want to sell her fail any more classes and quit.

Momsince1106
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM

every little thing could make somebody's day a whole lot brighter.....

saving 50 cents off of cereal could help somebody have that little extra to get their child something to open for christmas......

Quoting MommySteph06:

I can't afford to do much but I went through the grocery yesterday leaving all my coupons that I'll never use next to their coordinating products. I also have been extra nice while driving...letting people over, letting them turn, etc. I've also been going through all of our clothes and giving them away on Craigslist to (hopefully) help out needy families in our area. I know it's not much, but it's something! :)

tajmomma137
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Quoting MommySteph06:

I do this on freecycle.org

A lady asked for a Christmas tree and we had gotten a new one this year so I gave her our old one, all the ornaments, and topper. Plus I cleaned out the kids closets and toy boxes.

lostmarbles0520
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:00 AM

That's really sweet of you! WTG!!

Quoting tajmomma137:

I have stayed late every night after class (for months) to help explain everything to a women in my class. She is in her 50's and this is her first time going to college. She didn't even know how to use a computer when we started, I literally had to show her how the use the shift keys.

She got a B!!!!! in our last Anatomy class. I was so happy for her... can't wait to see what she gets on Thursday's final. Although I am sure Weds I will be there all night helping her study.

The reason I started to help her was because she failed a class and has to re-take it. She said if she failed another she was going to quit. It takes alot of courage to go back to school, especially in your 50's. This women has been a housekeeper all her life. I don't want to sell her fail any more classes and quit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)