Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

we went to look at christmas lights this weekend and ALL of them or at least 95% were all WHITE..what happend to all the colored lights...ive seen bars more colorful than some of them houses....do you put all white or do you put up colored lights?

Too many religions but only 1 god. I don't need another savior. Don't try to change my mind. You know I'm one of a kind. Ain't gonna change my bad behavior............

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM

We do none, but I see about 2/3 white and maybe 1/3 colored. 

lindsay99
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Ours are colored. But we didnt go all out this year, we got lazy. lol

mammak

We do white lights i like them more than colored lights but my kids love the different colors so i think next year I might let up and do the colored ones for them.

sillymommy166

yea, alotta white around here too, mostly those icicle lights. My ol man wants to do all blue next year =)

ajswenson
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

We used to do all white....now we do all colored.  It just seems more fun for the kids, the colors.  White seems very "snooty" to me.  I think it's pretty ,but not kid like....does that make sense???

Mandola21
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Well right now the only lights we have are on the tree, but I love colored lights, it just seems more festive!

totally awesome!

Pepperlynns
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I guess i understand in a way..here in Texas we dont get snow, so it kinda gives that effect..but if it did snow i would want to see colored lights

ajswenson

We did all blue for a couple years.  I think it looks really cool if you have ALL the same color, around the house and on bushes and such.  Or, have one color on the house, and each bush is it's own color.  I've seen that on a few houses, and if it's done right it looks awesome.

Quoting sillymommy166:

yea, alotta white around here too, mostly those icicle lights. My ol man wants to do all blue next year =)

tomsmom07

I like white lights on the tree but SO likes colored so we went with the colored ones this year.

kristy0833
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:54 PM

i have only white lights up, but thats because my hubby wont let me buy colored one because of the 40+ boxes of white we have from our wedding, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)