Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night Grinders??? (Nobody grinds their teeth?)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I grind my teeth really bad at night and I go to the dentist in February for a night guard. But what I am wondering from you ladies that also do this is. Has it ever made the side of you head hurt or even your eye? I am having horrible throbbing pains in my eye and the side of my head hurts.  It is making me crazy thinking it might be something worse....

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newt23
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Before I got my night piece, I would have awful headaches and my face musscles hurt.  I wear mine every night and hardly ever have headaches anymore.  Good luck

babybear910
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Yeah I grind my teeth and I have pains in my jaw/cheek/head in the mornings sometimes. I really need to get a night guard, but I'm holding off going to the dentist til June when I will have dental coverage from my employer.

fullcup
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM

TMJ?  My hubby is a vicious grinder!  He wears his night guard every night and it is so helpful. He's had to have a couple of root canals due to his grinding before gettiong the guard.  Good luck.

Blessings!
melamommy24
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM

I get the weird pain in the face and head as well.

lisa9094
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Just a heads up-- Ask what kind of night guard( hard or soft) You want to get a hard night guard for your upper arch. A soft night guard will only create more problems because you will chew and grind on it during sleep. And most of them do not fit tight enough. A hard night guard your teeth just slide over it and the guard should kind of snap into place.

cnfmore
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:20 PM

thanks for the info!!

Quoting lisa9094:

Just a heads up-- Ask what kind of night guard( hard or soft) You want to get a hard night guard for your upper arch. A soft night guard will only create more problems because you will chew and grind on it during sleep. And most of them do not fit tight enough. A hard night guard your teeth just slide over it and the guard should kind of snap into place.

cnfmore
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:22 PM

I had a dentist tell me once that I had TMJ. Is that the clicking in your jaw when you open and close?

Quoting fullcup:

TMJ?  My hubby is a vicious grinder!  He wears his night guard every night and it is so helpful. He's had to have a couple of root canals due to his grinding before gettiong the guard.  Good luck.

cnfmore
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:23 PM

The pain in my neck and shoulders is so bad that I have started seeing a chiropractor to help relieve the tension.

Quoting newt23:

Before I got my night piece, I would have awful headaches and my face musscles hurt.  I wear mine every night and hardly ever have headaches anymore.  Good luck

taleyu1432
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:54 PM

they say grinding teeth in your sleep is due to stress? dont know for sure though.

littlemomie
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:44 AM

yes I did for a long time and it even gave me a migrane. Man my daughter did it for a while and now my 3 year old boy does it . He creis cause it weakes him up and says that his little head if falling of. All I did was to it sounds wierd okay but it worked on me got well I just say this i sleep with my mouth open now than I sucked on a piece of pepermint no I did not get choked either. Good luck

my we all live life to the fullestand have fun with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)