Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Benji

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

My kids are big animal lovers.  When we went to the library this morning, I saw "Benji The Hunted" on the shelf.  I remember how much I loved that movie as a child, so I checked it out to show the kids.  They are now watching it for the third time today.  On the bright side, there's very little dialogue, so I don't get tired of hearing certain phrases over and over.

What movies did you watch as a child that you are excited to share with your little ones?

I would not normally allow them to watch anything this much in one day.  They stayed home from school because DS has strep throat, so I let them indulge.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM

We just watched Benji the Hunted this weekend on tv.  I love all 3 Benji's. 

I loved Sound of Music the best and still love it.  I was about the same age as the youngest girl in the Sound of Music when it came out.  (shows my age). 

I loved the old Rodgers and Hammerstein Cinderella when I was young also.  I don't like the remake of it. 

The old Willy Wonka is great.  My girls agree and they don't like the new one. 

shebearncub
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Oh I need to get that for my dd!! We love dogs.

I also love her to watch the Annie that came out in the 80's....I grew up on that one.

I think she is too tenderhearted to watch Ole Yeller yet......that still makes me Cry!

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Oh, I can't watch Old Yeller, ugh.  I can watch movies were people die but not animals. 

Quoting shebearncub:

I also love her to watch the Annie that came out in the 80's....I grew up on that one.

I think she is too tenderhearted to watch Ole Yeller yet......that still makes me Cry!

CrazyMom5480
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Yeah, we all get pretty upset in Benji when that bird gets one of the "kittens."  We're watching Pete's Dragon next.  It's a lot easier on me.

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh, I can't watch Old Yeller, ugh.  I can watch movies were people die but not animals. 

Quoting shebearncub:

darkeyedmom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM

That is so funny. This past weekend I was looking for a movie to watch on demand and Benji the hunted was on. I remember when the original came out I was much younger,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)