Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sore throat help

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

DS has strep throat.  He is on Omnicef for it.  It was only Friday that he was diagnosed and started the antibiotics.  Still, he isn't eating like he usually does.  I've had strep throat and know how bad your throat hurts with it.  I like to drink orange juice when I have a sore throat.  DS has a pretty bad sensitivity to citric acid, so I can't give him any OJ.  (His butt looks like it has been BURNED after he has anything orange.)

Do you know of anything else that's good for a sore throat?  I'm not looking for medicines.  I just want something comforting.  When I was little with a sore throat my mom knew I like to drink OJ and would give me some.  It made me feel better just to know she knew what I wanted and was trying.  That's the sort of thing I'm looking for with him.

Apple juice gives him horrible diahrrea, so that's out, too.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
joken
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Im not sure how old he is but ICE CREAM would help I bet and its Yummy

Sirenabella
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:04 AM

My son likes jello, pudding, sorbet, yogurt, sherbert, diced peaches, pears, or other soft, cool things that glide.

SMASEH
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:23 AM

a warm cup of hot cocoa!

balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:39 AM

a spoon of honey, if he is older than 1 year. It always soothes my throat. My kids also like warm mint tea w/sugar or honey. And of course, ice cream or lollipops.

CrazyMom5480
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Thanks ladies!  I forgot to tell you that he's 3 years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)