Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got to love your mom.................. ( but not right now!!!)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

So any way i went to my moms and got my dog, she had been keeping him while i was in college and now that i have my own house i want him back, well she said that if i took him i had to take her puppy to because the were buddies, so i said ok, well i called to tell her i was going to go get them and she freeks on me and gives me a hard time. i am like what the hell the puppy is not mine and i am taken her too, i am saving you money you dont have to feed the two dogs. she then tell me i have to get the puppy fixed i was like what the hell she not mine i am taken her becuase you asked me too. so now i have to shell out the money that i dont have to get her fixed. we have 4 dogs now and the new puppy my husbands and sons dog has to get fixed too, so 2 dogs i have  to get fixed why couldnt she get her fixed i am trying to help her and she is doing nothing but chewing my ass, what should i do?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
taleyu1432
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:02 AM

ayyy !  well i in NEW YORK and the aspca mobiles comes around and will fix the dogs for a donation or if you recieve aid from the state such as food stamos medicaid etc..its free. I HAD MY DOG SPAYED W/ THEM dh gave 25.oo

Littlerodeomom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:04 AM

thats good, we live in a small town and dont have any thing like that wish we did, i am mad i feel like she is using me to get her fixed and to take her off her hands now that she has a new boyfriend she dont have time for the puppy witch she paid 300 dollars for, and she gets mad at me becuse i can get her fixed now.

Quoting taleyu1432:

ayyy !  well i in NEW YORK and the aspca mobiles comes around and will fix the dogs for a donation or if you recieve aid from the state such as food stamos medicaid etc..its free. I HAD MY DOG SPAYED W/ THEM dh gave 25.oo

darkeyedmom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I would tell her to have a nice day. Animals getting fixed are a hell of a lot more expensive then dog food!

OhioFriend
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:53 AM

What ever  you do, don't miss out on precious time not talking with your mom.  If you really can't swing the payment , ask her to pay half or something.  Find a solution, you already said she took care of your pet for a while so may be its a lump sum payment for what she did for you. 

mme
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:00 AM

it sounds like she really wants to keep both dogs & thought telling you that you had to take the puppy was going to scare you off & when that didn't work decided to insist that you fix the pup & money would change your mind.  (regardless of her motives - she's right the puppy NEEDS to be fixed.)  I say take your dog & leave the puppy!!  Four dogs is a lot.  Trust me, I have three & thats A LOT!!  (although, mine are jack russells so it seems like more)

APascoe816
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM

Your post is very familiar to me. I will be moving out on January 1st. I'm taking my dog. Who has lived with us since she was a puppy and has become a family dog. EVERY family member has come to me with reasons why I can't take her. It just gets old...

shelia3
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I agree she wants the dogs

Quoting mme:

it sounds like she really wants to keep both dogs & thought telling you that you had to take the puppy was going to scare you off & when that didn't work decided to insist that you fix the pup & money would change your mind.  (regardless of her motives - she's right the puppy NEEDS to be fixed.)  I say take your dog & leave the puppy!!  Four dogs is a lot.  Trust me, I have three & thats A LOT!!  (although, mine are jack russells so it seems like more)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)