Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gift idea help! (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

i have a neighbor that lives in my building, we have always said hi to each other, held doors open for each other, he stopped over for a CD for the computer...and thats about it...lol

but about 2 weeks ago he lost his wife....i really wanted to get him a small gift, i dont know what to get him thou....if i should do an actual gift or a gift card, and to where. he is only about 40-45 yrs old...dont know what he would like.....any ideas would be very helpful!!!!!!

and i dont want it to be about the loss of his wife...i dont want him to think the only reason why i am doing this is because of his loss - something as more of a friendy gesture

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ZacharyCainsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Maybe get him a starbucks giftcard or something.

..JessIca..
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Seeing as he just lost his wife maybe cook him something, he might not have had a good meal in a long time. Could be something small like cookies or bigger like chicken and dumplings.... Everybody loves food... lol.

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:01 AM

BUMP

mamamia819
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM

I would cook him a nice meal. He would probably appreciate that more than anything else. In a disposable pan that he doesn't have to wash.

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:48 AM

i think im gonna do that! : ) everyone loves lasagna right???? LOL

Quoting mamamia819:

I would cook him a nice meal. He would probably appreciate that more than anything else. In a disposable pan that he doesn't have to wash.

tgirl715
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:13 AM

you could also get him a nice plant. He would have something to remind him of the memory of his wife and he would have something to brighten up his place. Peace Lily's are very nice and last forever. When my friend's brother died I got her a plant and she loved it.

Tyler and Haleigh

Haleigh Alexis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)