Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have issues with parents

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Do you have issues with parents who send their children to a religious based school yet they don't practice religion at home?

I should note that in Ontario Catholic schools are publicly funded so I'm not necessarily talking about paying to send these children to a religious school.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jeni0323
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:40 AM

no It is not my buisness. They are paying for it so why would I care

fawn321
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:02 AM

no, I don't have any issues with it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM

I don't at all.  I grew up going to church all the time.  Never have gone since I got married but doesn't mean I am not religious.  I sent my daughter to a Methodist school for 3 years.  As long as you are paying tuition I don't think it matters. 

I do believe if the school is affiliated with a church, the church members should get in first which is true.  After that anyone that is accepted to the school should be allowed to attend. 

Callie-bishop
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:51 AM

no.

mom2tocutekids
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM

no. my mom sent my younger brother to one. the school was better. the children had more respect. he had a really hard time in public school with the other kids, and when he went into the private school he made alot of friends. he got to learn about another religon than his own, whats wrong with that?

SabbyMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:14 AM

personally, I have a problem with religious schools in generally... you are forcing your child to believe the way you do, and I feel that is wrong.... I feel a child should be able to make that decision on their own when they are old enough just like everything else.

Proud new mommy of Tristan Alexander!!!

Born September 7th 2008    at 4:34pm PST

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure they have their reasonings for wanting to send their child there.

whiteprincess2k
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:18 AM

I'm assuming your talking about ontario canada right?

well I do'nt know about the city your in but in my city (i'm in sw ont) if you live in the zone for the catholic school you go there some parents have no choice. and I know alot of people who have sent their kids to the catholic schools because over all they are better schools then the general public schools in ontario.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)