Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision Regret

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM
  • 122 Replies

Well anyone who has met me on here can tell you that I am an intactivist. Which means I promote leaving your son intact 100%.

Now that we got that out of the way, I'm not here to bash anyone or speak my opinion on the matter. What I want to accomplish today is finding mothers who have circumcised their son(s) and regretted it for WHATEVER reason. Since I could never imagine myself circumcising my son, I would love to meet moms who did, and then later regretted it so I could get a wider perspective on the subject.

This post is for women who have circumcised and regret it, not for women who have circumcised and don't regret it. This is not a post for you to rant and rave about why you chose to keep your son intact or why you decided to circumcise. I have already heard both sides of those stories, now I want this side. Please respect my wishes.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakas2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:33 AM

I thought....(see highlighted)

Quoting wise1:

Well anyone who has met me on here can tell you that I am an intactivist. Which means I promote leaving your son intact 100%.

Now that we got that out of the way, I'm not here to bash anyone or speak my opinion on the matter. What I want to accomplish today is finding mothers who have circumcised their son(s) and regretted it for WHATEVER reason. Since I could never imagine myself circumcising my son, I would love to meet moms who did, and then later regretted it so I could get a wider perspective on the subject.

This post is for women who have circumcised and regret it, not for women who have circumcised and don't regret it. This is not a post for you to rant and rave about why you chose to keep your son intact or why you decided to circumcise. I have already heard both sides of those stories, now I want this side. Please respect my wishes.

bonitamomma3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM

I'll give you a bump, not sure if you'll find to many who regret it.

wise1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Seriously, how rude.

Quoting mamakas2:

Quoting wise1:

dani28
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I believe she was trying to point out the bad part of her DH getting it done. I didn't think she was trying to be rude..

Quoting wise1:

Seriously, how rude.

Quoting mamakas2:

Quoting wise1:

Devoted Wives

Come join my Group. It is for anyone who knows what it is like to have a Husband or Significant other that is Disabled or seriously injured, Making drastic changes for them and their family for the rest of their lives.. We can support each other through these hard times.. You are not alone , and you don't have to be.

You can always find My group with the following URL:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/devoted-wives 

we rock

wise1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Thank you. It's not about quantity though. I know there are mothers out there. I have met at least 2. May not be much to you, but every individual counts to me.

Quoting bonitamomma3:

I'll give you a bump, not sure if you'll find to many who regret it.

wise1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I didn't ask for either of those opinions she gave. I have heard all that stuff before. And I want to point out that I didn't delete her reply, she did.

Quoting dani28:

I believe she was trying to point out the bad part of her DH getting it done. I didn't think she was trying to be rude..

Quoting wise1:

Seriously, how rude.

Quoting mamakas2:

Quoting wise1:

okrasin
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM

bump

misspixie67
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Yes I deleted my reply because I misunderstood the post, a simple mistake EXCUSE ME.

jaycee1124

This isn't quite what you're looking for...but it may help. If not I'd be happy to delete it for you.

My husband was circumcised and wishes he wasn't. We can't ask his mom if she regrets it since she's passed away...and he won't let me talk to his dad about the issues since they're not close and its his penis.

Knowing what I know about his mom and how much she loved her boys and wanted what was best for them, even when the decisions she made weren't the best ones because she didn't know any better, I am confident in saying that if she were alive today she'd regret her decision.

My husband's circumcision was botched and has been a constant problem for him. I don't want to get into more detail because he's not comfortable with me doing so, but he's told me that I can share that it was botched, they took too much, it wasn't detected until he was a teenager and it has made routine parts of life very painful and difficult.

dani28

I understand that, and I know that she did it on her own, and not you. May be she just read it wrong IDK. I wish you luck with your post. Happy Holidays!!

bow down

Quoting wise1:

I didn't ask for either of those opinions she gave. I have heard all that stuff before. And I want to point out that I didn't delete her reply, she did.

Quoting dani28:

Quoting wise1:

Seriously, how rude.

Quoting mamakas2:

Quoting wise1:

Devoted Wives

Come join my Group. It is for anyone who knows what it is like to have a Husband or Significant other that is Disabled or seriously injured, Making drastic changes for them and their family for the rest of their lives.. We can support each other through these hard times.. You are not alone , and you don't have to be.

You can always find My group with the following URL:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/devoted-wives 

we rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)