Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've had the Mirena (TMI)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just got mine two days ago and I know spotting is normal, but is it normal for a really thick bloody discharge? Seems almost mucousy... I know, gross. I'm just curious if anyone else had that and how long did it last?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shoegirl01
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Yeah, your fine.  Give it a few weeks and you'll love it.  I havn't had a perid in a year and a half.  Plus never have to worry about getting pregnant!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

Sadie85
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM

2 months. Then I got it taken out. It sucked so bad.

LingLing-MyStory      HomeschoolingJournals

Ready to ditch your excuses for being overweight??

caliessence87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:29 PM

I've had mine since August...the first couple of days I cramped sooo bad...............but now its pretty good...my periods are deifnitly getting lighter and I sill cant feel it......I was so afraid of of my mirena getting knocked out of place since me and DH always have crazy monkey sex.lol

Sadie85
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Quoting caliessence87:

I've had mine since August...the first couple of days I cramped sooo bad...............but now its pretty good...my periods are deifnitly getting lighter and I sill cant feel it......I was so afraid of of my mirena getting knocked out of place since me and DH always have crazy monkey sex.lol

That happened to my friend and she got pregnant.

LingLing-MyStory      HomeschoolingJournals

Ready to ditch your excuses for being overweight??

lady_kira
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM

yeah the cramping isn't fun but I expected it... I didn't expect it to be so painful to get put in though!!! Even if it turns out to be the best thing ever I'm not sure I could get another one in five years.

Quoting caliessence87:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

dancer5722
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:34 PM

You'll be fine.  Just communicate with your doctor.  I had problems with mine.  We found out that it was because it wasn't in the right spot.  It was too low.  So, if you still have probelms after a couple of months, talk to your doctor and have them check the positioning.

Hospicemom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM

I just had my second Mirena placed last month. I had the first one for the full 5 years. With that one I spotted on and off for 6 months then no period or anything for 4 1/2 years. With this second one I spotted for a week after placement and have had nothing since. I too noticed the spotting to be very bright red and kinda thick. (Sorry TMI).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)