Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What time do you get up on Christmas morning?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

We get up between 7:30 and 8:00am every year on Christmas morning.  I know when I was little my mom said I was up and waking them up at like 6:30am.  I wouldn't mind getting up that early with my kids but they get  up at that time every morning and don't seem to wake up earlier on Christmas.  So what time do your kids wake you up? 

Julie

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
daylens_mommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:48 PM

this is daylens first christmas so i dont know. but he wakes up at like 7 every morning anyways. lol. but when i was little my parents had this rule that you couldnt wake them up before 6. but we were up at like 2 just looking at all the gifts and looking through our stockings. but this year i might sleep in. im painting my moms kitchen in the middle of the night. lol!

jazzyandpat
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:49 PM

5 am in the morring.

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Between 5 and 5:30.  My children are 20 and 17, so they enjoy sleeping in.  I like to get up and enjoy the quite with all the Christmas lights on.  I will make a cup of hot chocolate with Irish Cream, and drink it while I listen to Christmas music or watch A Christmas Story. piddle around the house, make breakfast.  If they are not up my 8:00 I will wake them up so we can get a start on the day and get to my MIL's house.

Mommy2Jayson
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM

I'll probably be waking my son up. LOL... This is the first year I have to break tradition, because I have a child now, who is only about to be one and doesn't need to be up until well after midnight. Our tradition is at 11 o'clock we start pestering our parents about opening presents at midnight and by midnight they are begging us to open them and leave them alone... lol. First year for as long as I can remember that we haven't done so. Of course then we went to sleep and Santa came...

gennaxgirl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM

We'll probably get up around 8am. My daughter's onlin 2 1/2 so I don't think she's at the age where it's 6am and she can't wait LOL

~Jenn~

goskim25892
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:31 PM

whenever..we celebrate on Christ mas eve.. the kiddos throw "reindeer food" in the yard, then we go look for roudolfs red nose in the sky to try and find Santa..we drive around enjoy the lights, and when the kiddos think he has been to our house we go home and he has brought them their presents :). We bake Jesus a cake for Christmas Day

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:32 PM

My kids are teenagers and not much is surprise so maybe 9 or so depending on how late we are up the night before.  When they still believed in Santa it was about 7 or so. 

Jaxonsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Quoting goskim25892:

whenever..we celebrate on Christ mas eve.. the kiddos throw "reindeer food" in the yard, then we go look for roudolfs red nose in the sky to try and find Santa..we drive around enjoy the lights, and when the kiddos think he has been to our house we go home and he has brought them their presents :). We bake Jesus a cake for Christmas Day

What exactly do you use as reindeer food?  I really like that idea!  This is our first year where Jaxon will be understanding some things so I am looking into making some traditions.  We will get up around 7-8 because thats what time we always get up.  Jaxon is 21 months.

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM

On days we don't have to get up Roo tends to either wake up at 6:30, which is when we get up during the week, or she sleeps until 8 or 9. Hopefully she'll sleep in on Christmas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)