Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

KFC for Christmas...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm a teacher and I assigned my students the task of researching a Christmas tradition in a country where they had ancestors. One of my students with Japanese Heritage shared this:

440japanKFC.jpg

The celebration of Christmas in Asia usually involves imported western traditions, but in Japan those traditions have been shaped by commercial interests. The holiday places special emphasis on romantic love, so it’s a day to spend with a sweetheart or spouse. Bakeries sell Christmas cakes as traditional sweetheart treats. And you might have to make reservations to get a table at KFC. Yes, Kentucky Fried Chicken. The fast food franchise let it be known that fried chicken is traditional for the Christmas feast. And so it is -in Japan. (Image by Flickr user sleepytako.)

If you visit YouTube and search for KFC Japan Christmas you'll see special commericals about it.

I'm thinking we might do KFC on Dec. 26!

You are Invited to Our Group: Christian Celebrations

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM

THATS WEIRD LOL!KFC MAKES ME SICK TOO GREASY,AND MY FAMILY SICK TOO!!!

DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

monkeysmom29
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:04 PM

wierd! but cool!

I'm  Agnostic ... also sometimes I don't make sense ... I'm just a woman.. I'm not rich ,I get wic but not foodstamps .I live in a getto side of town but I love having extra money at the end of the month!! I love ebay .. love going to swapmeet's ..I have two kids boy  5 and almost 2 year old girl!!

Autumn22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Even before we became vegetarians, we boycotted KFC.  The way they treat those chickens is TERRIBLE.

dbrsmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:06 PM

me and my sister came really close to getting KFC for thanksgiving LOL maybe for christmas

lostmarbles0520

LOL!!!!!!!!

wreatheatingit's just not christmas w/o some KFC ;-)))

AmaliaD

I LOVE japanese CULTURE! they are so strange yet somehow.... very logical and sensible! who doesnt love fried chicken!

jeni0323
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Im not a big fan of KFC. I like the ckicken strips though

Mum2Alex
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM

this is beyond funny *LOL* thank you for posting it!

sexychica25
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

i'm thinking about ordering a fried turkey from them.

Quoting lostmarbles0520:

LOL!!!!!!!!

wreatheatingit's just not christmas w/o some KFC ;-)))

iluvcallalilies
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM

The funny thing is my student researched the motive for this... they think theyr'e acting like Americans by eating KFC in Japan on Christmas.

You are Invited to Our Group: Christian Celebrations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)