Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with sleeping...please help me!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM
  • 1 Replies

So, my son is 8 months and his new bed time is between 2-4 in the morning. It use to be 11:30 due to my work sch. I am a waitress and don't get off work until 10-11ish. When i would pick him up from my moms, he would come home and eat then go right to sleep. About a month ago, he got sick and now his new bed time is way to early in the morning for me. How can i get him back on sch when he is wide awake? I tired the putting him in his crib when it is bed time and he will stay up for hours crying or playing. I need help. I am so close to a break down due to the 4 hours of sleep i am getting at night. I want him to sleep through the night again. Do I put him in bed and just let him cry hisself to sleep? So if anyone has any tricks to putting a baby to sleep on a sched. please let me know. I can't deal with this anymore!!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
stacymomof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Try to wind him down with a set system like snack, book, song, bed.  He will eventually take these as cues to go to sleep.  Reading books works wonders for my girls, (3yrs, 11m)  I have done it every night since my oldest was 6m old or so.  My 3yo still gets really sleepy if I sing twinkle twinkle little star.  After that you may have to do a little CIO.  I read a book called the baby whisperer and there are some good ideas in there for getting on a schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)