Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He just won't listen to me *cursing* kinda long, sorry.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM
  • 3 Replies

A few months ago, I started seeing a psychologist. I had previously been given all kinds of antidepressants, mood stabilizers and crap for bipolar disorder by a doctor. Turns out, he's stupid. I gained 40 pounds and was a zombie for months before Dr. Retard finally took me off the medicine. I decided then that I needed to see a real doctor to get my head straight. The psychologist said he wasn't sure how much of the doctor's diagnosis was accurate. So I've seen him a few times now. He told me that I at least do have anxiety and depression. Although I'm not sure he understands the depth of my depression and that I fly from one mood to another, he's been surprisingly helpful. My husband was supportive when I told him I needed to see someone since in previous years he wasn't. He thought I was just a bitch. Nice huh. I felt so alone and misunderstood for years. I'm just now beginning to feel somewhat normal. I talk to the dr and he tells me that I have to communicate better with my husband so I don't get so upset at things. I can't expect him to know how to react if I don't tell him my thoughts. I agree, but when I come home and tell him that, he acts like he doesn't care. When something upsets me or we get into an argument or I have an issue with something, I want to talk to him about it and get my feelings out like the dr said I should. My husband always makes me feel like an idiot and that my feelings do not matter. I'm just trying to prevent future arguments by letting him know before I'm bawling my eyes out that something is bothering me. I'm pregnant now, so those emotions run high a lot more these days. Recently, I told him that didn't appreciate the way he TOLD me him and his coworkers were once again having a "No Spouses Allowed" night out for Christmas party. He said,"since women are bitches, wives aren't invited." He also mentioned that the way some of his coworkers are perverted and the things they talk about we wouldn't want to be around them. Its like they are planning to act in ways we wouldn't agree with and don't want to be caught. (And by the way, I DO NOT agree with the "boys will be boys" statement. Its an excuse for men to be appalling and disrespectful to their wives and marriage. So those comments can be left out, thanks. He'd pop an artery if I TOLD him I'm going somewhere with the girls and that men can't come because they're jealous. He'd think we had something to hide! (I never go anywhere anyway because he's insanely over protective and jealous.) My main point was that we rarely go out to dinner together, it would be nice to be invited and not to be stereotyped. Then he comes back later and says, "I'm sorry, I see what you're saying and I didn't mean to be an ass." If he'd stop talking and just listen to what I'm saying he'd save himself a lot of trouble! The "I thought this," crap happens a lot. We argue, I end up heaving in the bathroom because I cried so much and he is a complete ass to me. Then later he comes and hugs me and says he's sorry. I don't understand why he can't just let me get my words out and then say how he feels in the same non-accusatory way.

Photobucket

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
USAF.Wife
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM

it sounds like you both need to do some counseling together,he may be the main reason of your depression. you should be able to talk to him about anything and he should be understanding. if that's not the way things are now then that is what needs to be fixed.

kbates1208
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:37 PM

You know, my psychologist suggested that we both come in but I'm sure he won't. He likes to pretend we are perfect in front of anyone else. I told him that he could come with me anytime and he just looked at me. I think he believes that I am the only one with any problems. It really hurts my feelings that he acts like I just cause myself all this frustration.

Quoting USAF.Wife:

it sounds like you both need to do some counseling together,he may be the main reason of your depression. you should be able to talk to him about anything and he should be understanding. if that's not the way things are now then that is what needs to be fixed.

itssweetness
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Quoting USAF.Wife:

itssweetness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)