Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you give your daycare provider a xmas tip?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I give the owner a christmas bonus?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, please explain =D

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

Last year, I gave my in-home daycare provider an extra day of pay as a christmas bonus.  She did a fantastic job and I felt she deserved it.  It was $25.

This year, Simon is in a daycare center.  I'm not quite sure if I should tip them or not.  I'm going to buy his teacher a gift.  Should I give the owner a christmas bonus too?  What are your thoughts?  The amount per day is $42 so I'm thinking a $50 bonus if I give anything. 

Thanks for your opinions!!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thatgirl22143
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM

I say no you shouldn't give i to the owner. Chances are the person that actually cares for your child will never benefit from it and they're the one doing the work. JMO

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
simonsmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM

Quoting thatgirl22143:

I say no you shouldn't give i to the owner. Chances are the person that actually cares for your child will never benefit from it and they're the one doing the work. JMO

Thanks.  That's a little cynical though.  The owner does see my boy on a daily basis and interacts with all the kiddos.  It's not a huge center.

elijiahsmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM

We always give ours a gift.  Last year we got her a candle.  This year we are getting her a Qdoba gift card.  She's almost like a second mother to me and my son.  I can talk to her about anything.  She even found a pastor to marry us on the spur of the moment (and gave us $100 wedding gift).  I love her and my son loves her.

simonsmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Quoting elijiahsmomma:

We always give ours a gift.  Last year we got her a candle.  This year we are getting her a Qdoba gift card.  She's almost like a second mother to me and my son.  I can talk to her about anything.  She even found a pastor to marry us on the spur of the moment (and gave us $100 wedding gift).  I love her and my son loves her.

That's really sweet.  It's awesome when you find someone who cares as much as you do about your child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)