Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does someone have to be missing before you can report it?Update!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:55 AM
  • 20 Replies

My SO went to get us a soda and some candy from the gas station at 12 this morning.And it is now 5:52AM.Now I know I can't call and make a report yet because he has only been gone for almost 6 hours.But how long do I have to wait?I am so scared.

Update:He came home at 7 this morning.When he was coming out of the store,he got arrested for loitering.There was a group of young men standing outside of the store and the police came to arrest them.They assumed he was with them.They dropped the charge though.Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.Thanks to all you ladies for showing concern.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angie2008
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:01 AM

I believe u have to wait 24 hrs.  Do you know of any friends or any other place he may have stopped.  I dont want to scare you, but maybe u should try calling the local hospitals or even contact the police ask them if there have been any accidents close to your home, store. I will pray for his safe return. Try not to panic momma, i know easier said than done.  PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.

hugs

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:02 AM

Thank you and I will.

Quoting TeaAndrews:

I am sorry to hear that! That would be scary and upsetting. I think for adults, it must be 24 hours. Good luck. I hope he comes home soon. Keep us updated!

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM

No he doesn't have any friends that he would go visit.And his mom would have been sleep at that time.I didn't even think about calling the hospital.My mind is racing.Thanks for your prayers.

Quoting Angie2008:

I believe u have to wait 24 hrs.  Do you know of any friends or any other place he may have stopped.  I dont want to scare you, but maybe u should try calling the local hospitals or even contact the police ask them if there have been any accidents close to your home, store. I will pray for his safe return. Try not to panic momma, i know easier said than done.  PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.

hugs

fawn321
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:07 AM

yeah, go ahead and call... you don't have to make an official report and they can let you know if he was picked up  and taken to jail, involved in an accident, found his abandoned car, etc... At the very least, its a heads up for the police to be on the look out.  They aren't going to put out APB on him yet, but they can still get the word out.  Good luck.

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Thank you.

Quoting fawn321:

yeah, go ahead and call... you don't have to make an official report and they can let you know if he was picked up  and taken to jail, involved in an accident, found his abandoned car, etc... At the very least, its a heads up for the police to be on the look out.  They aren't going to put out APB on him yet, but they can still get the word out.  Good luck.

prncskymmie
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I hope he returns home soon and safe.

"Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak."

---Epictetus

mamitoachicano
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Wow thats scary...I hope he comes home safe..Please keep us updated =)

worktodo
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I'm so sorry,  I think I would go ahead and call the police even if you can't file an official report.  Good luck, I hope he is okay.

BRey28
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Here in Colorado a person has to be missing for 48 hours before the cops will do anything. I would call anyways, just so they have ir recored that you did call. Im sorry, that is scary......

beans13
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM
did he come back?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)