Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shopping

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

this is i hope a kind of different question well it's more then one

first what are some differences between women and men shoppers?

second since you had kids i know it's been asked how often you buy clothes for yourself but  what i wanna know is since you had kids how often does your childs father buy clothes for himself? more? less? the same? or do you buy his stuff? and if you buy his stuff how has having kids changed the way you shop for your SO if it has?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Kids always came first no matter what. we came 2nd.Hubby wears uniform for work so he didnt need alot of clothes but we always shop TJMaxx and Marshalls . so  he got stuff. I put me at bottom of list by choice. I was stay at home that did daycare from home and catering nights . Jeans tops and sneakers.I never really felt I went without I might have to wait a week or month but I could get my  needs met. I learned when and wear to shop. I love to shop for me its a game find a great deal and Im  happy.My friends do thrift stores and rave about the money they save.I never had the patience to Dig thru.

my4boys2002
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I have always shopped for him I still do, he used to like Filene's now he shops Abercrombie

LaJoanna
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM
i shop for them first then me them hubb he wears work clothes and i buy his clothes he is not much of a clothes shopper he anything he gets things on e bay.

MrsGurt
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Our shopping habits didn't change at all when we had kids. I have no need for a lot of business-wear or dress-wear, but I still like to shop. DH shops for clothes more than I do...he's in the Navy,  but rarely wears a uniform to work, and their dress code is mainly  business attire. So he has his jeans and polos for weekends (and he goes through them like crazy), and slacks and button shirts, ties, etc for work, plus his uniforms, plus workout gear (which is also goes through like crazy). We  both buy a couple new clothing items every other week or so, but DH does more clothing shopping than I do, simply because he has to have a variety. He's going to be suit-shopping in March when he gets his civilian clothing allowance, as he's going to start interviewing for civilian jobs this summer.

~PJ~

I'm a vegan, Reiki practicing, yoga doing, English majoring, crystal healing, recycling, upcycling, home-schooling, volunteering, animal welfare advocating, Navy chief's wife and SAHM to JR (9/3/03) and Maverick (11/17/05), and "mom" to 12 indoor only cats, 4 dogs, 3 leopard geckos, 2 tortoises, 2 chinchillas, 2 cockatiels and a fish, and foster mom to the occasional litter of kittens, dog, or even orphaned raccoon! Spay and neuter your pets!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)