Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

computer question...some please help meeeeeeeeeee!!! (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

I always used internet explorer for cafemom but its been going crazy with pop-ups & other stuff & driving me insane!!  So i switched to firefox, but firefox wont let me copy & paste or uplaod pictures into my replies....Is there a way to by pass it??

im on the verge of chucking the computer out the window!! lol

any advice is much appreciated! =)

post_1445995_1225985112_med.jpg picture by ajsmom722   

efcfdc2fef641e3aecc7c19c4db55a60-1.gif picture by ajsmom722

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM

That's odd, I have firefox and I can copy paste and upload pictures...  however, i dont have the latest version of firefox, I tried to download it and it froze my pc so I stuck to the version before...  which one did u download?

spunkymomof3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM

You have to use the edit menu on firefox, at the top of the screen. 

I hate that too and it is only that way with Cafemom.  I have no idea why but I copy and paste on other sites all the time.  Hope this helps. 

jlsmith1862

I don't know if this will help you, but I have noticed that I can't just right-click and copy or paste. I have to highlight what I want to copy and press ctl.-C to copy and then what I want to paste it I have to press ctl.-V.

AJSMOM722

honestly im not sure...my bil set up the computer last yr...just recently the computer has been freaking out so im hoping i dont have a bug or something.

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

That's odd, I have firefox and I can copy paste and upload pictures...  however, i dont have the latest version of firefox, I tried to download it and it froze my pc so I stuck to the version before...  which one did u download?

happy new year        Happy New Year 2009

CafeMom Admin
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Hi AJSMOM722,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

AJSMOM722
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Oooo thanks!!  i'll deff look into it!! =)

Quoting CafeMom Admin:

Hi AJSMOM722,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

happy new year        Happy New Year 2009

mama_girl07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM

This is what i did.....when you try and it pops up that stupid little window saying you cant get a peice of paper and pen and write down the instructions cuz you can have firefow open to do it and you have to do something on your computer to change it. It drove me crazy too

PinkSodaPop
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:05 AM

What you're experiencing is infection related.

I suggest joining Computer Moms - Computer Heaven group here on CafeMom.

I can help you out with clean up of your computer, and suggest a regimen of maintenance for the future.

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:08 AM
i'm having issues too! i JUST posted something about this in another group and reported to CM. my problem is a lil different though. i can't upload in safari or edit text. i CAN in firefox but now firefox wont let me log in! it says that i'm not a registered user. which obviously i am because i'm logged in using safari! EDIT- i use a mac and mine isn't infection related because my last mac did this... plus macs dont get viruses
PinkSodaPop
by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Quoting kltaylor07:

i'm having issues too! i JUST posted something about this in another group and reported to CM. my problem is a lil different though. i can't upload in safari or edit text. i CAN in firefox but now firefox wont let me log in! it says that i'm not a registered user. which obviously i am because i'm logged in using safari! EDIT- i use a mac and mine isn't infection related because my last mac did this... plus macs dont get viruses

Macs do get infections.

In fact, MAC recently sent out a major bulletin netwide telling users to get software to protect themselves from malicious codes/virus/spyware/infections. After years of seeminly poking fun at Microsoft's use of protection tools for Windows.

It's not that MAC is not vulnerable to infections...they are only 'less' likely because bad guys usually target the most used of the items they wish to infect havoc upon. (Windows, IE...etc.)

These platforms are more used therefore they are more likely to be targeted.

"It's not that Mac OS X is inherently more secure against viruses than current versions of Windows (although it was clearly more secure than Windows prior to XP SP2); the numerous vulnerabilities reported and patched in recent years are just as exploitable as their Windows equivalents. But most security experts agree that malicious software these days is driven by financial incentives, and it's far more profitable to target the most dominant platform."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)