Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here !!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi I 'm Valerie mom to four kids and two stepdaughters. We are an egalatarian polygamous family. If you want to know what that is feel free to ask any questions ,lol. Cant wait to meet everyone !

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Admin
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Hi Polymommy,

Welcome to the Cafe @ CafeMom group on CafeMom.

We're happy you've joined the conversation.

Enjoy!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

collettakay
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

What's egalatarian?

Autumn22
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Quoting collettakay:

What's egalatarian?

Egalitarian polygamy: Polygamy within "peer marriages" in which all spouses have equal power. Decisions are made by mutual consent. Child nurturing, discipline, other parenting tasks and all other jobs are distributed among the spouses by consensus.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

So there is more than one wife? 

Quoting Autumn22:

Quoting collettakay:

What's egalatarian?

Egalitarian polygamy: Polygamy within "peer marriages" in which all spouses have equal power. Decisions are made by mutual consent. Child nurturing, discipline, other parenting tasks and all other jobs are distributed among the spouses by consensus.

jbirchard
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM

how many wifes(if any), how many kids do you want?

Polymommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Quoting jbirchard:

how many wifes(if any), how many kids do you want?

We have two wives in our family at this point .4kids so far and will welcome as many more as we have.We are also hoping to add one more wife to the family and that will be it ,lol.

Polymommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Quoting BttrMom0407:

Quoting Autumn22:

Quoting collettakay:

What's egalatarian?

Isn't this a normal marriage? In my house all tasks are split up between my husband and I......I don't get the name unless there's more to the description.

it si anormal marriage in monogamy but not always in polyagmy .Alot of polygamists have a husband is king mindset and we dont .We are all equals in everything.

fullcup
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Oh my, I'm a square and small minded.  This is just strange to me.  Thanks for sharing a little and welcome to the group. 

Blessings!
oimel00
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:45 PM

That is SO cool! I've never met a polygamist before...How do you share nights? like one night on, one night off?

oimel00
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I'm going to ask an ignorant question, sorry, but do you live in Utah?

Have you ever seen the show big love? if so does it depict real life polygamy in any way? I love that show and I'm completely hooked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)