Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sister got hit by a car

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

So last Friday, the day after x-mas, my hubby, daughter and I went to visit family 5 hours away in Bakersfield. We were planning to stay like 5 days. The whole family was there, my hubby's family, so it was going to be lots of fun. Well, 9pm I get a call from the hospital here in Sac that my little sister (15) was hit by a car. I guess her and a friend were crossing the street and didn't wait for the light at the crosswalk, I haven't seen the police report though. She lives with her dad who they couldn't get ahold of because he was home drinking. Our mom lives in Kansas, they didn't even call her. I couldn't exactly load my 1 year old in the car and rush home! So we came home early and my mom flew in from Kansas to help out. She has been staying at my house and so has my sis since she got out of the hospital on Wednesday. She has a broken arm which needed surgery, stitches in her face and had surgery to fix her teeth on Wednesday. Of course the originally released her Tuesday without fixing her teeth, the oral surgeon said she had to go back for the surgery and she should never have been released (big time f*up on the trauma doc at the hospital). And her friend has a fractured pelvis. Fortunately the driver who hit them did stop. So everything is generally ok, my sis is going to be staying with me for awhile. Somewhere along the way CPS got called, they will  be by on Monday. I guess when the hospital called her dad he didn't believe them and hung up, then called 911 a couple times til they sent the sheriff out. I am so freakin stressed out. My mom just left for the airport and I am going to be in charge of doctors appointments and everything because I don't trust my sisters dad to do it  and she doesn't want to go home anyway( the house has fleas and no hot water apparently!) Meanwhile my 12 year old brother is still stuck at that house, I can't take him because there is no room, my sister is getting crammed into our office to sleep! And the kids refuse to go live with our mom. I just want to crawl into a hole and disappear.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
theskillfactor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I'm really sorry about that. I hope her recovery is quick!

elijiahsmomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Why won't they live with your mom?  Thats aweful.  Is there any other family that would take your brother in?

Val3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:20 PM

So sorry to read about this. hope she gets better soon. Thoughts and prayers are with u

USAF.Wife
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM

oh no! :( hope your lil bro can find a way out of that place and glad your lil sis is ok.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM

thanks all. If CPS intervenes they may have to go to my mom's. My sister is trying to get a place big enough for them to live with her, she and her boyfriend just graduated from college and are planning to move near San Francisco where housing is ridiculously overpriced.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

MaryKayLady
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Wow, It seems like your family depends on you like my family depends on me. Everything will work out just fine. I will be praying for you and your family.

jabs54
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Oh wow, I'm glad it wasn't worse.  I'm sorry you are having to take care of everything :(  Hang in there.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)