Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

COOKIES ARE EVIL

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

So a couple of mins ago I posted that my 2yr old so is driving me crazy if you havent read it here it is:

My son Kaden is driving me nuts. He is 2yrs old and wont listen and just wont sit still. He is yelling at me and hitting the walls. He is throwing toys as well. He wont stop jumping over the couch and chair. He is telling me no when I tell him to do something. I am trying to do something different and not spank him. Time outs dont work with him he just goes back to doing what he was doing before time out. I can take toys away and still nothing is working. I am lost what to do. I dont like spanking him and I havent had to spank him in about a week in a half now. He was doing so good then all of a sudden today he is just not wanting to listen to me at all. We wont see his dad/DH till tomorrow cause he is going to be staying at him moms house tonight so that he can get up early and start working on his truck to see if he can fix it. I just dont know what to do with him today. His brother Joseph(18months) is watching him and he is starting to act up to just not as bad as Kaden is. I am to the point as soon as pizza gets here feed them and send them to bed early tonight.

So now I told him to throw something away that his brother had and he goes into the kitchen and throws it away. While he is in there he trys to steal cookies out of the cookie jar. Now he is yelling in my ear to giv him a dang cookie. I dont know how much longer of not spanking him I can take. He is in time out now cause im not going to have him taking cookies without asking. Pizza should be here soon and as soon as he eats he is going to bed. I already gave him a bath so now he just needs to eat and go to bed. He has taken cookies before without asking and got in trouble for it too. He is in love with cookies.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AnnF
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM

He's two years ago how is he able to reach the cookie jar? Put it somewhere that he can't reach it.

Put him in timeout each time he does something. If he gets up and goes back to doing it after timeout then put him back in timeout again. After doing that over and over again he will learn to stop. When he gets up from timeout redirect him to play with what you want him to play with so he doesn't go back to doing what he's not suppose to do. Put toys in timeout if they are part of the problem. If he's not playing with a toy properly then put it in timeout. Toy timeouts can last for 1-3 days. Get a clear box and put all toys on timeout in it and put it somewhere that he can see it but can't touch it.

Penguin_of_Matt
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Until my pregnancy I NEVER had a sweet tooth like I do now - so yes I agree those damn cookies ARE evil! (*drool oh cookies I love you*)

Good luck hanging on to your sanity Momma!  Hope the pizza gets there quick (*ohhh pizza...*) and you get them down so you can relax and breathe a bit!

Suddenly I am hungry after this post.... *sigh*

AmaliaD
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM

sounds like you need to bribe him with cookies.  some people would call that his "emotional currency" others would call it hitting them where it hurts... my bos who is a principle that motivates desired results with postive rewards (aka bribes) pretty successfully i might add... so cal it what you like but give him short term goals at first like when the pizza is 10 min away tell him he can have a cookie (or even half) after pizza if he plays quietly or even cleans up until the food gets here, get him a digital timer from the dollar store, good number learning and they can see time passing, 2 is not too young to reward positives ..... and when he gets better increase expectations to earn cookies... jmo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)