Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL coming to visit again...wow

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

Sooooo months ago I hated my MIL and vice versa. Now needless to say she's flying over from England again on the 13th and oddly enough Im looking forward to it! Somehow hell has frozen over and we buried the hatchet. We both apologized to eachother and even now say I love you, whereas before she refused to acknowledge me as her sons wife....for my bday she sent me a beautiful bday card thanking me for making her a grandma and addressed it to Mrs. Boni MMhmm I totally noticed and loved it.

I will say one thing, the woman is an absolutely amazing grandmother who adores my son and her grandaughter and treats them equally. She calls everyday from England to talk to her on the phone and gets all weepy when she gurgles back to her. Plus she sends the most beautiful things for her. I dunno maybe its the way she treats my children that has made me finally see how wonderful she is and start to adore his mother. Maybe its because my mother never calls or asks about her grandchildren and desnt care about my daughter so its nice to know that here is a grandma who embraces them both and loves them both equally. Not to mention she gave me an amazing husband...soooo I kind of have to give the woman some props. Im just baffled as to how it happened but happy we can finally have a happy visit and no more monster in law!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hionlife
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM

That's great!

Hey come check out our group, it's a place where you are free to say what you really think with no worry of any post or reply being deleted, or locked. Be sure and GET YOUR DRAMA FIX.......today and every day!

bl3ss3dm0m0f3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM

clappinghappy

Finally a HAPPY story! Congrats Mama!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)