Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Downward Facing Cervix?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

So today I had my annual woman's check up, and during it the doctor said my cervix looks a little tilted. Then she readjusted and said that my cervix looks like it is facing down a bit? That was all she said about it, so I'm not really worried just a bit confused. The tone of her voice didn't sound alarming or anything, just normal. So maybe it is nothing, but I was wondering if this has happened to you?

by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CafeMom Admin
by Group Admin on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Hi Cturner0921,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the medical questions group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

mandksmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM

i don't know about a cervix but i have had two kids and at my last yearly exam i was told that i have a tilted uterus. nobody had ever told me that before.

blocked and deleted moms join here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/43560
We don't delete.....

Madge1428
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I have a tilted or downward facing cervix.  When I asked my doctor what she meant she said it wasn't a bad thing it just may cause minor difficulty at childbirth.  I delivered two vaginally and had no problems.

When your doctor says something you don't understand you should ask for an explanation.  If the doctor doesn't take the time to explain you should get another doctor.  Be your own advocate.

sunglasses miniMadge

cehendricks
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM

My doctor has told me the same thing. I asked her about it and she said that it wasn't anything bad. I have had 4 kids and am prego with my 5th, and it has never caused me any problems so far.

resamerie
by on Jan. 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I was told years a go that mine is tilted. The only problem I ever had was seeing a new GYN that didn't know about it, an exam can hurt like all hell until they can figure out which way to angle those intruments!

jen1350
by on Jan. 10, 2009 at 6:56 AM

There are three positions in general for the uterus to be sitting in the pelvis and thus three ways the cervix is sitting in the vagina. It doesn't mean anything as far as you are concerned; it just means how the speculum has to be angled in order to visulaize the cervix. It isn't going to interfere with childbirth in any way (I've delivered about 600 babies and this hasn't been an issue).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)