Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE FREAKIN LIPA!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

I got my bill emailed to me this morning  so I opened it and guess what my power surcharges are 2 x times my electric bill! It was a little less last month and then to get hit with a bill that was $127.00 to $344 is freakin ridiculous! and of course there's nothing we can do cause we need the power!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamakas2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Where are you on the Island? I've been hearing this over & over. I just got mine & the bill itself is $72.09 but the surcharge is $76.17. Extras are $9.70 & the total is $157.96, which is on the high end of typical for us. It's usually $100-$150. 

momof11995
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I am in Mastic Beach and I pay more because I have electric heat!Thats what the lipa rep told me I use more power from there plant to heat my home. I was fine with the $127 and the $15.40 in supply charges but its the big one that kills me. The $127 is a normal bill for me over the winter! I have energy saving appliances and those new light bulbs all over my house and im home alone during the day and the heat goes down to 64 and then at night to 68. We dont leave lights on and what not its just the surcharges that are killing everyone.

mamakas2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I'm at the opposite end of William Floyd, in Shoreham. Thank goodness, I haven't been hit with the big surcharge, it seems. If I were you, I'd change over to oil heat or gas. Anything but electric!

momof11995
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Quoting mamakas2:

I'm at the opposite end of William Floyd, in Shoreham. Thank goodness, I haven't been hit with the big surcharge, it seems. If I were you, I'd change over to oil heat or gas. Anything but electric!

I looked into it and it would cost more for me to change over and may not benfit me in the future! oil being high now i would have to change and it would be almost $10,000 to switch and  a little more for gas!Well we got hit with the increase again thats why the surcharges are more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)