Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just talked to my friend who's daughter went to the inauguration

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 3 Replies

Her 16 year old went with the Presidential classroom Saturday to DC.  They had dinners, speakers (Bill Clinton was one) and lots of sightseeing.   Yesterday was the day from hell.  They went to bed at 12:30am had to be up and out at 3am.  Only half the kids had tickets so the rest (her daughter included) had to fight there way on to the Mall.  Her chaperone ditched she and her 2 friends than in the pushing and shoving they got separated and she just stood there and cried.  They managed to find each other again.  She said she wouldn't do it again ever.  Then after they had things to go to and she just wanted to go to bed.  They have a small Ball for the Presidential classroom kids but she just went to bed. 

My friend and her husband went to a Bush inauguration but they had nearly front row seats and it was a different experience totally than her daughter had. 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wintersmommy06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

sounds scary but i wish i could have gone

delilahsmom1177
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Oh I so agree. I really wish I could have gone. I did watch the whole thing and it seemed to be very stressful for the people who went. I just wish I could have seen history in person.

Quoting wintersmommy06:

sounds scary but i wish i could have gone

I'm a single,tattooed,vaxing,co-sleeping,pro-choice,anti-gun,anti-bush,anti-war,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,non-cio,cigarette smoking mom trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is.don't like it get over it.

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM

well the news was saying over a million people was gonna be there...they should of had a plan if something was to of happend

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)