Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental wax...Edit..I filed my tooth

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

has anyone used this? does it work?

I chipped a tooth and there is a sharp point rubbing my tongue bad..i have to find a dentist who doesnt want to pull it, and was told i could use this

i may just get a finger nail file and file it down

EDIT...i bought the wax, it didnt hold very well so i got a revlon nail filer and filed that lil MFer down and OMG I  feel sooooooo much better! now i just have to wait for the swelling of my tongue go down

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wintersmommy06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Whats dental wax?

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM

thats what i want to know  LMAO

no really i was told you can mold it around a crack tooth or a sharp point to minimize the stabbing of the tongue

Valentines Day 2009

trist22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM

hmmm.. never tried the wax but I have used temporary filling replacements. I'm sure you will find a Dentist that doesn't want to pull it... .they enjoy charging for rootcanals, crowns, bonding, etc. :)

yvonne37
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

omg it hurt me just to think of you filing it down with a nail file.. don't do that!!!

go to the dentist they will fix it, my son had one and they put some bonding material that looks just like his own tooth.. good luck!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
Shanny07
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

You mean like the wax they give you when you have braces? I used it back when I had braces and it worked really well. You could use it just until you can get it fixed. Good luck!

RNMOMO4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Dental wax comes in a little box( that you can keep in your pocket or purse) in the same area where they sell floss, picks, etc.  It is cheap.

It is generally used for braces, but can be used on a rough area on a tooth, but I'm not sure how well it will stick.

BTW, if you are woman enough to file down your own tooth with a nail file, my hat is off to you!!!

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I filed it 

Valentines Day 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)