Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I posted this in the answers section, but wanted to get some more opinions.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you burn your own?

Options:

Yes from the internet

Yes from Netflix, Blockbuster Mail Subscription

Yes from movie rental store

No but I get burnt movies from someone I know

NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I just wanted to know how many people out there actually burn their own movies. Do you do it online or subscribe through Netflix and then burn them? The reason that I was interested is because how come everyone is always bashing people doing this, yet I know places that rent movies for part or all of their business and they just go buy them at Walmart and rent them out. I would think that it is more illegal to do that, yet nobody seems to complain about that. Just a question I don't really care if people want to burn their own movies or not.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I do

but most of the time i will go to the theatre and pay that hefty dollar to watch it..if i like it i burn it :)

why should i have to pay for it twice  lol

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

mandksmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM

i download and burn movies from a website.

blocked and deleted moms join here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/43560
We don't delete.....

hailnbray
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM

we rent from netflix really. we use to just steal them from my fil and he got them bootlegged from some guy at work but that guy been missing lately. we have watched them on the computer but havent really burned movies. now music we do but thast different

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

https://www.autismclinicaltrial.com/index.aspx?bmscontentpg=autism

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2007/12/16/finnstrom.the.autistic.brain.cnn  

MaryKayLady
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I just normally wait to the movie comes out and go purchase it from walmart.

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 AM

The movies that I have seen burnt from either the internet or bootlegged copies are horrible. Some of them are so bad that I wouldn't even be able to sit through them. I am a freak when it comes to stuff like that. My SIL has some and I caught a glimpse here and there of them when I was at her house and they are just shaky and you can hear people in the back or see people stand up in front of you. Again I am not critizing anyone, just stating what I have seen.

mandksmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM

thats because those are actual bootlegg movies, taken by someone with a video camera in a theatre. i get mine from a file sharing site that are dvd quality. people have uploaded them from their computers and seed them to other people.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

The movies that I have seen burnt from either the internet or bootlegged copies are horrible. Some of them are so bad that I wouldn't even be able to sit through them. I am a freak when it comes to stuff like that. My SIL has some and I caught a glimpse here and there of them when I was at her house and they are just shaky and you can hear people in the back or see people stand up in front of you. Again I am not critizing anyone, just stating what I have seen.

blocked and deleted moms join here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/43560
We don't delete.....

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM

me too!  lol

Quoting mandksmommy:

thats because those are actual bootlegg movies, taken by someone with a video camera in a theatre. i get mine from a file sharing site that are dvd quality. people have uploaded them from their computers and seed them to other people.

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM

One of my cousins just told his brother about a site that he uses and they insist that they are dvd quality. I just would be wondering if they could get in a lot of trouble if they are ever caught.

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I know people who burn their DVDs from websites..... somebody else actually burns them onto their computer and saves them to a flashdrive, watches them and then deletes them.....

personally? i admit to nothing other than watching burned copies.... some booleg copies are horrible. i saw before where people were standing up in the middle and going to the bathroom or something. That really distracts from the movies.

Blissydissy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Would you mind sharing that site....   The site my husband uses sucks!

Quoting mandksmommy:

Quoting jenniferlee_12:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)