Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!!!! It happened again!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so my husband and I just got back from the store back to where I work and I noticed the mirror on my car is smashed off!! The first time this happened was right after I got my car a plow scrapped the top of the casing and shattered the mirror and I had to pay for that one because the police did nothing and said it would be better to just pay for it. This time the whole casing and mirror are completely shattered off. AGAIN NOBODY EVEN STOPPED AND TOLD ME OR MY MOTHER!! So my husband had me call the insurance company just to check on the deductable which is $500. I knew that it was $250 or $500. The mirror that he found is anywheres between $50 and $70. So out of pocket without filing a claim again. It just makes me so mad that nobody is decent enough to come in and tell me. I am more mad about that. Also it is only 30 mph on this road and they speed like crazy so I know that someone was traveling that is for sure. And here I thought that 2009 would be a better year. First my husband's grandfather is dying and now my car (I know two completely different things) all in the month of January. So much for that idea!!! Thanks for listening.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM

is there any way u can park your car so itsnot on the side of the road? Its not your fault that this keeps happening, but if you could park it out of the road then maybe it wouldnt happen again.

Some people are so rude..... if i even thought I hit somebody's car i would stop and check it out to make sure i didnt do anything before just driving away

momsrock13
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM

That sucks-I know,once I bought a car and had it 10 minutes and somebody crashed into it-and ran. The whole pass. side was wrecked!

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

My mom's business is at a house that they own and the driveway is for customers. They are old and elderly so I wouldn't want them to have to walk across the road. That is the only spot to park. My mom parks on the road too and my husband was parked there today. Yup hit the red car. LOL

Quoting Momsince1106:

is there any way u can park your car so itsnot on the side of the road? Its not your fault that this keeps happening, but if you could park it out of the road then maybe it wouldnt happen again.

Some people are so rude..... if i even thought I hit somebody's car i would stop and check it out to make sure i didnt do anything before just driving away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)