Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I just get over it?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so me and my b/f have lots of problems and recently he started lieing to me about alot of stuff. And then he said he needed to think about stuff so we broke up three days ago. He says we will get back together but I need him to grow up. He goes into work late everyday if he e en goes and he quit church and started cussing and stuff. Well last night he was here seeing the baby and we were talking and I was crying cuase we been together almost 4yrs. And All he could say is quit crying we will talk tomorrow. He wouldn't say nothing else, Does he really care about me and love me or should I just move on?? I love him so much but I can only wait for so long

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

i think u need to give him his space. u both have things to work on but pushing him and crying isnt going to make anything better

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

https://www.autismclinicaltrial.com/index.aspx?bmscontentpg=autism

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2007/12/16/finnstrom.the.autistic.brain.cnn  

Acid
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

You aren't going to like my reply but here me out.

You deserve better mama.  Anyone who can openly say 'Quit Crying" to someone who is feeling so upset does not deserve you.

It sounds to me that someone somewhere has convinced him its cool to cuss, not show up for work and stop going to church.  Ask around, maybe you will find something out.

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

mother20062007
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

you said it girly you can only wait so long.  if he keeps this up then its time to move on .

AMsMommy212
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:19 PM

well it's only been 3 days so i wouldnt be so hasty... but if he is lying and unwilling to do what it takes to make your realtionship work then prehaps it is time tomove on. Only you can really answer that question. When you talk, if you decide to try and work it out, find out why he is lying, i dunno what he is lying about but if he feels like he has to lie and say he is working late to hang out with friends because he is being suffocated at home with the baby and you; that can be worked out.. if he is lying about why he has a new girls number in his phone/pocket then that is obviously a bigger issue. How old is he? Does he like his job? is it in a field he is interested in or just a paycheck? those things can effect work ethic. If it is simply laziness then, again, that is something to consider.

You have to weigh the good against the bad, and see if it is worth the bad things to get the good ones.

At any rate, good luck :-)

I'll do it my way, you do it yours. :-)

Madge1428
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

He sounds like he's becoming a deadbeat who cares about nothing and no one but himself.  Get rid of him.

sunglasses miniMadge

poohbear2010
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Quoting Acid:

You aren't going to like my reply but here me out.

You deserve better mama.  Anyone who can openly say 'Quit Crying" to someone who is feeling so upset does not deserve you.

It sounds to me that someone somewhere has convinced him its cool to cuss, not show up for work and stop going to church.  Ask around, maybe you will find something out.

Yes he has got caught up with the worng group but sadly its his family.  But in my opinion you change yourself no one forced him to do anything

poohbear2010
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Quoting AMsMommy212:

well it's only been 3 days so i wouldnt be so hasty... but if he is lying and unwilling to do what it takes to make your realtionship work then prehaps it is time tomove on. Only you can really answer that question. When you talk, if you decide to try and work it out, find out why he is lying, i dunno what he is lying about but if he feels like he has to lie and say he is working late to hang out with friends because he is being suffocated at home with the baby and you; that can be worked out.. if he is lying about why he has a new girls number in his phone/pocket then that is obviously a bigger issue. How old is he? Does he like his job? is it in a field he is interested in or just a paycheck? those things can effect work ethic. If it is simply laziness then, again, that is something to consider.

You have to weigh the good against the bad, and see if it is worth the bad things to get the good ones.

He is lying about other girls flashing him and being at parties when he says he is going home. He lied about smoking when we have enough money issues. He is 18 and he dropped out of school. A man we go to church with kindly gave him a job at a pole company. He likes going cause he has friends there but he is late. He has to miss a day a week or thats what it seems. He has gotten laid off for 2 days for missing a day. I'm not sure how he is suffocated because we don't live together and I keepthe baby and he goes home at night! He goes where he wants and is never here

AMsMommy212
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Quoting poohbear2010:

Quoting AMsMommy212:

He is lying about other girls flashing him and being at parties when he says he is going home. He lied about smoking when we have enough money issues. He is 18 and he dropped out of school. A man we go to church with kindly gave him a job at a pole company. He likes going cause he has friends there but he is late. He has to miss a day a week or thats what it seems. He has gotten laid off for 2 days for missing a day. I'm not sure how he is suffocated because we don't live together and I keepthe baby and he goes home at night! He goes where he wants and is never here

Sorry that was just an example, but from the sounds of it he isnt ready for the commitment i would just move on hun. Good luck

I'll do it my way, you do it yours. :-)

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM

well, for the church thing, i guess it wouldnt bother me because im not religious. If it's an issue for you, then im guessing you are a religious person and i get that.

Overall, it sounds like he needs to grow up before he can deserve you.

poohbear2010
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Quoting poohbear2010:

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Sorry that was just an example, but from the sounds of it he isnt ready for the commitment i would just move on hun. Good luck

Oh i understand I was just telling u everything so you knew

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)