Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i've decided

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

with my birthday cmoing up a little over a month from today, i think i know what i want to get for my birthday.

I want to go to the mall without my son (have my husband watch him for a few hours) and get my hair done and my nails done. Not fake nails, just a manicure, maybe a pedicure....

im hoping i'll lose enough weight in the next month to warrant a new outfit.

I buy myself clothes fairly often, but i rarely spend money on my hair and the last time i got my nails done was for my wedding. I havent had my hair dyed in over a year now even though i have the hair dye

do you think, if i bring the hair dye with me, they'll use it and give me a slight break on the price to do it? I have it sitting here, and it's the professional stuff (not just the $3 off the shelf at walmart stuff, no offense to people who use it, i've used it a lot in the past)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Madge1428
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Probably not unless you know the person.  It would affect their bottom line and their earning potential.  And if any other customers found out they would want the same thing and that may cause a whole host of problems for the business. 

Wouldn't hurt to ask though because a lot of businesses are making unheard of offers to customers just to get people to spend their money.

Quoting Momsince1106:

do you think, if i bring the hair dye with me, they'll use it and give me a slight break on the price to do it? I have it sitting here, and it's the professional stuff (not just the $3 off the shelf at walmart stuff, no offense to people who use it, i've used it a lot in the past)

sunglasses miniMadge

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM

i figured i could ask, the worst they'd say is "no sorry, we cant do that for you"

Quoting Madge1428:

Probably not unless you know the person.  It would affect their bottom line and their earning potential.  And if any other customers found out they would want the same thing and that may cause a whole host of problems for the business. 

Wouldn't hurt to ask though because a lot of businesses are making unheard of offers to customers just to get people to spend their money.

Quoting Momsince1106:

lindsay99
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM

lol i doubt they would do that for you. I am cosmetologist.. well I was. Havent renewed my license BUT mixing the color themselves has a huge impact on how your hair turns out because its mixed precisley for your skin tone and such... are you just going to have one flat color? i recommend low lights at least.

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:42 PM

i have hair dye that's a level 2 (it's darkest brown, i think that's what it's called)

i didn't care if it was a flat color or not.... i never spend a whole lot on my hair, and i dont know if i could afford to go get a bunch of touch-ups, ya know? I may look into hi-lites or colors to go with it, like pink or green or something

Quoting lindsay99:

lol i doubt they would do that for you. I am cosmetologist.. well I was. Havent renewed my license BUT mixing the color themselves has a huge impact on how your hair turns out because its mixed precisley for your skin tone and such... are you just going to have one flat color? i recommend low lights at least.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I would think that unless you personally know the person that they wouldn't use the stuff you bring in.

ShoesRLove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I DONT THINK THEY WOULD DO THAT FOR YOU...SPLURGE A LITTLE ON YOURSELF. I HAD MY HAIR DONE {LUCKY TO KNOW A GIRL, OR IT WOULD HAVE COST ME OVER $100, MY HAIR GOES PAST MY BUTT} LAST WEEK AND IT FEELS SO NICE..

If you have a baby named GAVIN, come join my group. "Gavin Babies"

lindsay99
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Maybe you should dye your hair yourself, and go in for a nice cut and style. Or have a friend dye t for you. I understand the touch up thing. I have horrible roots lol and I suck at doing my own hair. I actually have a friend of mine coming over later today to do my hair (we went to cosmo school together) and she is going to dye me blonde, then give me some light pink highlights. Im so excited hehehe

Quoting Momsince1106:

i have hair dye that's a level 2 (it's darkest brown, i think that's what it's called)

i didn't care if it was a flat color or not.... i never spend a whole lot on my hair, and i dont know if i could afford to go get a bunch of touch-ups, ya know? I may look into hi-lites or colors to go with it, like pink or green or something

Quoting lindsay99:

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Is there a cosmetology school around you? I had my hair cut and hilighted the last time I did my hair at a school and had the students do it. For me to have my hair cut, and highlighted and to have my DDs hair cut it only cost me $32. The best part is this is the best my hair has ever looked, so many people comment on in and ask me where I got it done!!

Momsince1106
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM

i cant do it myself, i always miss chunks in the back of my head. My husband could do it, he said he's dyed hair before for people.

post a pic if u want of how she did your hair.... i wanna see

Quoting lindsay99:

Maybe you should dye your hair yourself, and go in for a nice cut and style. Or have a friend dye t for you. I understand the touch up thing. I have horrible roots lol and I suck at doing my own hair. I actually have a friend of mine coming over later today to do my hair (we went to cosmo school together) and she is going to dye me blonde, then give me some light pink highlights. Im so excited hehehe

Quoting Momsince1106:

Quoting lindsay99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)