Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I was thinking about gettting a second job to help pay for some of the wedding costs. I applied at a place, and got a call back today for an interview. I had let it go to voicemail, so I still have to call back.

If I do it, it will be nice extra money for the wedding, which I REALLY want. Otherwise I may have to settle for something much different, which I would rather not do. Plus after the wedding it would be kind of nice to have a little extra cash to play with.

BUT

It would mean that Wednesday nights when DD is at her dads, I would be working.
On the weekends she's home, I wouldn't see her as much.
On the weekends she's at her dad's, I would be working. But I wouldn't have much time to plan the wedding. I also wouldn't have much time to get moved into our new house, which I want to do SOON. Then DF would be in charge of moving, watching DD, cleaning, etc.

What would you do?

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Take the darn job, isnt it worth it in the end?? lol

marshsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I wouldn't do it, but I also had a wedding that consisted of me, my husband and two witnesses.  I'm not big on spending lots of money on one day when you have the rest of your lives to spend together.

Circumcision is not cleaner, healthier, safer or NORMAL!

Dispel the myths!
              www.nocirc.org  |  http://www.icgi.org/  |  http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/

zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

See, I've been married before and hated my wedding. We both want the big beautiful day.

Quoting marshsmom:

I wouldn't do it, but I also had a wedding that consisted of me, my husband and two witnesses.  I'm not big on spending lots of money on one day when you have the rest of your lives to spend together.

jeffrysmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Well it seems to me the bad out weighs the good of taking the job.   When is the wedding?

zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM

May 30th. I've already cut costs doen by almost 2K, so going much lower is going to be hard to do.

Quoting jeffrysmom:

Well it seems to me the bad out weighs the good of taking the job.   When is the wedding?

HaydensMommy007
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Well I got married before my having my daughter so this wasnt something that I had to worry about.

But to me, it doesnt matter about the wedding. Seriously, its only one day. What is the big deal? If someone really loves a person, a big huge wedding shouldnt matter. Marriage is about spending the rest of your life with someone, not just one day.

Personally, I wouldnt take any job that took me away from my child if I didnt need to.

neyon226
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life, but it is only ONE day.  Is ONE day worth spending all that time away from your daughter and fiance?  I had a big white wedding and looking back, it pales in comparison to the days my daughters were born, and the first time they said mommy,and more.  If you are going to take on a second job, I suggest it be for something else, like a down payment on a house, or a new car, but not a wedding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)